Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't tell with all the pictures available so far, but can anyone with the 6 already take a shot from the ground up to the pipe so we can confirm this mystery?

Another issue is about the dual exhaust in the V6. Is each cylinder side gets its own pipe or does it join in a Y pattern like the I4???

Duratechperformance do you know??? Would it gain much performance if it uses separate manifold for each bank of cylinders??

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replying to Topic 'Exhaust tip'

Someome from Singapore was mentioning that the single pipe model bend down. I thought the double pipe would be similar but just have two pipes instead of one. :)

Anyway, now if Duratechperformance can answer my second question.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by jps1974

The one that bends down is the Diesel.[/b]
That used to be the case so far, but with newer models like M6 (and Passat V6 for example) even the gasoline engines have their exhaust system more concealed and pipes facing downward, which is nice IMHO. The ones you see on photos with aero bumpers are optional chrome tips.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I thought the 1.8 and 2.0 comes with one pipe and that they bend down as well. Hmmmm. Oh well, it does not affect North American version since we only get the 2.3 I4 and the 3.0 V6.

Now only if someone know if the the V6 dual pipe is actually dual pipe and not just a Y divider.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Coool!!!!

Looks like a lot can be done to boost the performance of the V6. Now if the price is low enough to play around with it. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Nice up close shot. Thanks Kirill

I don't see much room to have two separate pipe leading to the muffler. I wonder if performance group can design a system that will fit and give gain for the engine.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

About the bend.

The (at least swedish) 2.3 have a bend on the tail. The chrome "fat" one on the aero kit images are slip-ons that actually contain the entire bend.

Looks quite nice with chrome pipes but noe aero.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

About the bend.

The (at least swedish) 2.3 have a bend on the tail. The chrome "fat" one on the aero kit images are slip-ons that actually contain the entire bend.

Looks quite nice with chrome pipes but noe aero.[/b]

·
Registered
355 Posts

Here is some facts, conserning a 2.3 liter hatchback made in Japan. I just got mine today (but still have to wait few days untill the final setups are done).

And this is what the tips of the pipes look like when they come out from the factory:

After this comes the local setup phase... And that's when they put the nice looking tips (if you paid for it, like I did). And after few days I will have a chance to look how it is put, what the extra pieces are like and what it looks after etc... I try to take photos of the whole procedure... If I can that is.

I don't know how well you can see it, but they bend down...

·
Registered
355 Posts

Here another picture showing from more far away what the back looks before the bigger, straight and nicer pipe tips... AND THAT THERE IS TWO OF THEM, which looks cool ofcourse. :D :D :D

Drool... How nice it is. :D :D :D

·
Registered
355 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

It's indeed nice. Congrats, Javah!:)[/b]
Thank you. I keep looking at the pics, can't believe how nice it is.

Tomorrow I will have a chance to test drive (some mercy from the dealer since they make me wait) some other "GT" model (that's the name of 2.3 here, even if I think it should be with turbo and then you can call it GT). This one will be sedan, studded winter tyres.

I thought that it would be great to feel the difference of tyres and audio (bose subb being in different location). And compare it with my own few days later...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.