1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
what part of missouri you from?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Umm.... would be nice to have "real" tips... but wtf is all that extra stuff in there... it "looks" like a crew to tighten the new fake tip (ironic) around the stock tip.... looks pretty bad with all that stuff showing IMO....

Dude... for pretty cheap.. just about any exhaust shop should be able to cut and weld new tips on for you... people do it all the time.. and shops have lots of tips to choose from... The tips themselves are probably 20-30 for tips.. so expect about 60 for that.. and then another probably 40 to do a decent weld job...

100 bucks for new tips.. not terrible... but thats off top of my head.. could be more.. could be less.... but for 100 bucks.. need 4 more of that.. and you have a real exhaust anyway....

·
Registered
967 Posts
Looks bad. Worst than just the fake tips alone. As said above, you'd be better off getting tips welded on.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'll give you points for the effort - I also really dislike the fake tip look. But I have agree with the others - take it to a shop and get it done right (I know I am this Spring).
Now if this was a 86 Civic, your tip job would look wonderful.... :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KC,MO. The tips really look better in person, nobody gets that low to look at them where you see the clamps. If I was going to invest $100, it would put towards a whole new exhaust or at least some Magnaflow mufflers. For $18, it was worth a shot, I just would not invest more than that in this stock system.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
For about 250, you can get a custom exhaust job and have new mufflers with tips that seat right up to the fake tips and will look like all one pipe.

·
Registered
431 Posts
For about 250, you can get a custom exhaust job and have new mufflers with tips that seat right up to the fake tips and will look like all one pipe.
[/b]
Has anyone done this one yet? If so, any pics?

·
Registered
59 Posts
looks like 2 fake tips instead of one
[/b]

Agree. I don't like the look of the stock setup, but this didn't make it look any better.
I have a feeling that we speed6 owners aren't going to be able to have any supersexy exhaust setups until there's a rear bumper setup available that the tips aren't coming out the middle of - or an aftermarket piece made of a material that doesn't melt as easily as the stock plastic.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Has anyone done this one yet? If so, any pics?
[/b]
I'll be doing it within the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
For those that don't know that the original tips are fake, now they will.

I just saw an MS6 exhuast that replaces the tips with their own. Not the end result most of us are looking for but they look pretty good.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
[attachmentid=17719][attachmentid=17720]I really dislike the fake tips. Went to the local Autozone and picked up these oval tips. Required a bit of modding. What do you think?
[/b]
Guess it was worth a try, but I don't understand why you just didn't wait to do something worthy of the MS6. Can't wait til' I upgrade...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Props for the work and effort but it looks busy and, as said before, if you didn't know they were fake, you do now.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Props for the work and effort but it looks busy and, as said before, if you didn't know they were fake, you do now.
[/b]
The tips are no longer fake, they actually attach to the pipes. When I do the exhaust, I could see some circular pipes extending out that far. I wish the rear bumper had some better options, I hate the center section styling almost as much as the faux exhaust tips. Will the regular 6 bumper cover fit?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Speaking of the "fake tips," does anyone know the measurements off hand so I can order parts for my new exhaust?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts