Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking through a lot of forums and can't really find much information on exhaust systems for the V6 here or for that fact any other vehicle here.

I want to discuss the V6 exhaust system here.

The one's I do see posted is the following
Magana flow Cat-Back:
Racing Beats
Tanabe Concepts

Is there a carbon fiber, Injen, and other universal exhaust systems anyone recommends?

It would be great if you post videos and sound clips with the information of your exhaust system that way everyone can have an idea before they buy.

I know a lot of people have exhaust systems. Anything else you can mention about exhaust systems would be great.

Great header information on 3.0L V6 One Stop Shop 1st Gen

·
Registered
97 Posts
I really have nothing. Mine is cut off at the flanges cuz I had a clog and the tips were rusting from the previous owner.

The link to my video is

I want Flowmaster Super 44s, but haven't heard anything about their sound on the site. Also looking at Cherry Bombs cuz they are cheap and would allow me to do Solo II and not get docked for decibel issues.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
My favorite exhaust for the V6 has always been the Injen. They are out of production now, so it's quite hard to find them... :(

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used to have the Greddy cat-back but sold it and went back to stock. OBX headers with stock exhaust isn't what I had in mine but the noise did quiet down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup. Injen Stainless Steel Cat-back exhaust is awesome. But quite expensive too (more than Magnaflow cat-back). Anyway... like MicaBlackMS6 said, they don't sell them anymore.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup. Injen Stainless Steel Cat-back exhaust is awesome. But quite expensive too (more than Magnaflow cat-back). Anyway... like MicaBlackMS6 said, they don't sell them anymore.

Too Bad they don't sell them anymore.. I wonder if it was because of the cost that people were not buying them.. i might have to email them on this... I'm just wondering..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm new BTW, but don't think too much on that...

The INJEN SES is nasty for sure, but is anyone running just the Injen universal muffs on the stock tubing? I mean, sure you could go get a full CBE from Magnaflow for a smidge more but how does the sound match up?

I was thinking about just grabbing a couple universal injen mufflers and tacking them on...what's your take on it?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Don't really have any sound clips to share, but you'll find your share on You Tube.

Been sporting Tanabe Medallions for a bit, with my MS/AEM CAI. My 6 was rather "throaty", with the constant drone while cruising. But the Tanabes looked badass.

I have since changed them out with some Injen SES's I just picked up.
I'll post picks of them soon.;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Been sporting Tanabe Medallions for a bit, with my MS/AEM CAI. My 6 was rather "throaty", with the constant drone while cruising. But the Tanabes looked badass.

I have since changed them out with some Injen SES's I just picked up.
I'll post picks of them soon.;)

Do you still have the Tanabe's?? Maybe willing to sell them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am new to all this so I apologize in advance if I ask something that already came up... A recently new owner of an '07 6s. The magnaflow exhaust for the 3.0L, I cannot find on magnaflows site. Is there a universal muffler that fits up nicely with the stock tubing? or even tubing/magnaflow muffler I can custom fit to the car? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am new to all this so I apologize in advance if I ask something that already came up... A recently new owner of an '07 6s. The magnaflow exhaust for the 3.0L, I cannot find on magnaflows site. Is there a universal muffler that fits up nicely with the stock tubing? or even tubing/magnaflow muffler I can custom fit to the car? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D
Summit Racing sells them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This might be a dumb question to yall, but im a diesel truck guy myself.... for the 3.0L between the 06-07 years (to my knowledge) they didnt change much. so will an exhaust for the same engine, just the different years still bolt up correctly on an '07 6s if the system says "made for 2003-2006 6s" ?? Just want to make sure before I order the exhaust. I found it for real cheap on RPM. This forum is a HUGE help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Mazdaspeed catback for V6 2003-2008 direct bolt on for sale. Just had it on for a week, I loved it, but wife hated it ..... guess who's the boss...

·
Banned
538 Posts
2006 Exhaust

The Y-pipe on the wagons are the worst stock design I have ever seen.
It is a T-pipe. Rear cat actually flow towards front. There is a flattened area and 2 sharp bends before the main cat. Don't waste your time on a cat-back exhaust, you'll get a bit of noise but that's it. For some real gains change your Y-pipe. I changed mine, put in a new main cat 1/4" bigger to match the Mazdaspeed Exhaust. I did notice feel significant gains when I went to bigger cat and changed the rear part of Y-pipe. Now that I have completed the Y-pipe, I haven't been on DYNO yet until they fix my unrelated bad idle.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts