Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I decided to change my exhaust system because the Magnaflow are just too loud for me. I want to change it to the axle back like the racing beat? But the thing is I threw away the OEM pipes. My question is can I use the magnaflow piping and install the racing beat mufflers on? If not are there silencers for the magnaflows? I really dont have a problem with it but family always on my ass when they have to take the 6 once in a while and I have to hear a ear full.

Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
Add a noice protection in cabin.
I already compared at M3 with custom exhaust how silent it can be when all is done.
All material cost here nearly 300-400$, +100$ work. The most sound going from floor and front (where header is).
If you also have broblems with outside noice - then you have no other choises like change exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
If magnaflow is too loud, then you probably should go back to stock form. Switching to racing beat is gonna produce similar sound level.

BTW, do you have the 4 cyl or 6 cyl? I have stock 6 cyl catback in my garage.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
actually, i have racing beats installed and the sound is very close to stock. under acceleration between 2K-3K is where u'll notice it, but nothing as loud as magnaflow or the mazdaspeed exhaust. i've compared the 2 with local members here and racing beat is definitely the quietest of them all, but u can still tell its there.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the big problem for me.. I have a 6i but I threw away the stock piping cause i didnt have space... theres no way i can hook racing beat into the magnaflow piping>

·
Registered
901 Posts
Magnaflow is really quiet IMO. Sounds good though but Iwish I could hear it in the upper RPMs. Oh well I gues CP-E takes care of that for me.

And as far as I know the magnaflow midpipe looks almost identical to the stock midpipe. Wouldn't gaurantee it but it looks like it.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
When a member switches their Magnaflows back to stock I cry a lil' on the inside... Don't do it!!! It's not loud enough. LOL...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its really the drone that bothers my family members and my neighbors... speeding up from 0-50 is very loud. I have set off alarms and set off my neighbors in the morning when i turn the car on... dont get me wrong it is a sweet tone but ppl around me have given me ear fulls. No way i can fit a silencer in it?

·
Registered
901 Posts
its really the drone that bothers my family members and my neighbors... speeding up from 0-50 is very loud. I have set off alarms and set off my neighbors in the morning when i turn the car on... dont get me wrong it is a sweet tone but ppl around me have given me ear fulls. No way i can fit a silencer in it?[/b]
An exhaust shop should should be able to fit another resonator easily but really the people around you are pathetic lol, Ive started my car right next to a friends car who has a VERY sensative alarm on his car and it didn't effect it. :drive: .
I wish mine was louder :(

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
actually, i have racing beats installed and the sound is very close to stock. under acceleration between 2K-3K is where u'll notice it, but nothing as loud as magnaflow or the mazdaspeed exhaust. i've compared the 2 with local members here and racing beat is definitely the quietest of them all, but u can still tell its there.[/b]
I can confirm what Spidy says. I was there and listened to both the Magnaflow and Racing Beat. The Racing Beat was barely audible, and IMO, almost stock sound level with just a deeper tone. I would've liked mine to sound like that. Mine easily drowned out both the Magnaflow and Racing Beat (custom 3" single outlet with Aeroturbine muffler and two Magnaflow resonators - yes, it's still loud), both at idle and reving it up.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
its really the drone that bothers my family members and my neighbors... speeding up from 0-50 is very loud. I have set off alarms and set off my neighbors in the morning when i turn the car on... dont get me wrong it is a sweet tone but ppl around me have given me ear fulls. No way i can fit a silencer in it?[/b]
It's funny that a few members claim to have set off car alarms and get reactions from ppl. I've been everywhere and have not set any alarm off and ppl don't notice the sound at all. Only friends/wifey/myself know that I have modded my exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
It's funny that a few members claim to have set off car alarms and get reactions from ppl. I've been everywhere and have not set any alarm off and ppl don't notice the sound at all. Only friends/wifey/myself know that I have modded my exhaust.[/b]
Yea, I don't understand either because my magnaflow is quiet compared to civic ricer exhaust.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Yea, I don't understand either because my magnaflow is quiet compared to civic ricer exhaust.[/b]
To be perfectly honest, I got use to the sound in a few days so I'm waiting for Blackmagic to step up and make a few of those MF resonator delete pipes. Maybe then, I'll be satisfied...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont see how you guys can say it isnt loud enough... I am AEM CAI so it might influence the sound but thanks for the replys...

I going to see if adding another resonator can be done and see about the adding a noice protection in cabin.

I am guessing no on the racing beat fitting the magnaflow pipes?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
pfff magnaflow exhaust is quiet.. u havent heard loud yet lol. Shoulda heard my straight pipes with the cp-e headers lmao sounded like garbage but it was pretty effin loud lol no complaints.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have the racing beat too. I don't want a loud exhaust but i want it to have some sound to it. The racing beat is almost too quiet, you can't even tell it's there when the car is just idleing but when you get on it a little bit it livens up but never gets annoying. cruising at highway speed there is no drone or anything it's barely noticeable, if you turn your radio up you don't hear it at all.

I really like the RB exhaust just wish the tips were smaller they look monstrous without the S version body kit. Somehow i got the 17"s and no body kit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
By loudness you must mean you hear/feal the resonance from the exhaust. I have been told that you can hear the intake sucking air over the exhaust sometimes. But for aftermarket exhaust the magnaflow is extremely quiet.

·
Registered
900 Posts
You could always get the RB's and have a reputable (read: good!) exhaust shop cut the Magnaflow pipes, add flanges and bolt them up. It depends on how much different the Magna's angles are at the point that the RB's would mount. Other than that, I am sure you could post a buy request to buy somebody's old B pipe. Somebody surely has not thrown theirs away! Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts