Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 30 years old, and while that might not make much of a difference :D I am a little more grown up than I used to be, so with that said, I need help picking which exhaust system to go with on my 6S. I do not mean to offend anyone with the previous sentence, I just want to set the tone of this discussion.

Ok, what I have been looking at is the Magnaflow, Racing Beat, and the Injen SES systems. I need help picking out the Right one. I have listened to a few on here and honestly they all sound damn near the same, and I cant get a realalistic idea of the volume either....so its up to the 6Club to guide me into Perfection!

What I want is a mellow tone with a small bit of rasp (very small) and not to loud at all. I have heard that Racing Beat is kinda that to a T, but I am afraid that the Racing Beat exhaust would be almost too quiet? Does anyone have Racing Beat? Would it wake up my neighbors at 5:00 in the morning, or would I even hear it driving in the car? Please help.

I really do like the big tips on the Magnaflow system, but I have heard that it is kinda loud...HOW LOUD is KINDA LOUD?

As for the the Injen SES, I have not heard it, but have read that others said it was the BEST? What does that mean?

I would really like to get an exhaust system that the wife might notice if she is in the car, but probably wouldn't care because the volume is not interupting our conversation.

Does this seem like I am asking too much?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Magnaflows arent too bad. You'll hear more with the CP-E intake at high rpms anyway. You will get some drone though when crusing.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Well I can vouce for the Injen Exhaust System. The fittment is perfect. Maybe even better than OEM. Install was extremely easy, only about 1:30 - 1:45 hours for the install. The sound is nice and deep a little of a drone at 3K, but your going to get that with many of the systems made for the Mazda6. This is exhaust does not create a high pitched fart can sound like those exhaust systems on local civic, and integras at all. Here's another post I made when I first got the exhaust system with a write up and pictures. Hope this helps. Injen Super SES Exhaust

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, This is exactly what I was asking for! Keep them coming!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I am also looking for an exhaust system. How about the Mazdaspeed one? I haven't met anyone with that system yet and would like information on it and a soundclip if possible. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I really do like the big tips on the Magnaflow system, but I have heard that it is kinda loud...HOW LOUD is KINDA LOUD?
[/b]
I'm about your age so I don't want ricey exhaust either. I installed Magnaflow and it's perfect. Just deeper tone without the 'ricey I can hear you from 2 blocks away' sound. So I highly recommend magnaflow.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JAX6S,
Thanks for your reply, It looks like I am leaning towards Magnaflow. Does anyone know the cheapest place I can get it? Ebay has it for 460.00 with free shipping.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Before you decide on magnaflow you should do a little more research just to be certain its what you want.

It all depends on your tastes, but I know 3 people who've had the magnaflow but decided to sell it since the drone inside the cabin wasn't up to their tastes. How important is it to you to not have drone inside the cabin when the engine is under load?

Here's a pretty good inside clip of the magnaflow on a 6i (different than 6s) versus stock.

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/tda...;current=m6.flv

And in case u haven't seen this thread, here's a pretty good summary:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=46436&st=0

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
JAX6S,
Thanks for your reply, It looks like I am leaning towards Magnaflow. Does anyone know the cheapest place I can get it? Ebay has it for 460.00 with free shipping.
[/b]
best place to purchase ----->TheRPMStore

as for my vote, Injen SES Catback, was the best sounding and fitting to me, plus not many members here have it... I can offer more next week when i have it installed...

Alot of members here will say magnaflow, simply because its the least expensive but everyone has different preferences so its really up to you.....

Good Luck with your choice :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have the magnaflow and havent really experienced any drone inside the cabin. You can definantly notice it in the lower RPMs and it sounds good. Not too loud but not too soft. Injen IMO is the best sounding exhaust....BUT I cant justify spending 700 bucks on a mod that does NOTHING for performance when I can spend 300 bucks less and have just about the same sound.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok its between Magnaflow, and Racing Beat...My question is how much louder is the Magnaflow, and compare the Magnaflow and Racing beat to a noise level that I might be able to understand, like the volume of a stock cobra, you know..something I can relate to. I need to know how much louder than stock it is!!!! Barely noticable, noticeable, guy next to me at a redlight hears it noticable, guy down the street hears it noticeable, neigbors are old and are pissed off noticable....etc.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Magnaflow vs Mustang GT... Barely Noticable

Magnaflow vs Ricer Civic.... Barely Noticable

What I'm trying to say is that Magnaflow is deeper sound but not loud at all. If you're trying to impress people by revving your engine then Magnaflow is not for you.

That's what I like about Magnaflow because I don't want my car to sound ricey. I want it to look good with deeper sounding exhaust. And there is no annoying drone at highway speed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that is what I am looking for, Just enough to satisfy me, but not enough to get noticed by others!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ANYONE HAVE A GOOD RACING BEAT SOUND CLIP?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Sometimes it's really hard to say whether an exhaust system is loud or not. I have magnaflow and sometimes I do hear it in the cabin. I notice that when I catch too much attention while driving around the university campus. Not too sure if it is because of my car or the exhaust though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone have pictures of their exhaust system on the car?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts