Mazda 6 Forums banner

Exhaust Sound Of Ms3 - Short Video W/sound Clip

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  jjohnson1024 
#1 ·
A new MS3 owner in Alberta posted pics of his car, along with a short vid with sound of the exhaust:
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/Tig...¤t=100_2625.flv

Wish ours sounded like this stock. Guess Mazda has different markets in mind when they tuned the two exhaust systems. Oh well, mine will soon, after I get my custom 3" pipe and free flow muffler (either Magnaflow or Aeroturbine).

Edit: if you guys don't feel this should in this section, feel free to move it or have it moved.

#3 ·
Sounds like the new 3 will have some teeth. the limited slip differential better help with traction or it's gonna lay some seriuos tire marks.

#6 ·
nothing special, im really not excited about this car!! if it was AWD then it would be a different story!!

#7 ·
nothing special, im really not excited about this car!! if it was AWD then it would be a different story!!
[/b]

13.30 @ 104mph / 0-60 in 4.9sec

p5freek your times are getting better and better.

#9 ·
[/b]
It'd be a super beast, but then it'd be compared to the STi/EVO, thats the last thing Mazda wants, so I think they made it FWD for a reason, also its partially related to why the MS6 is underrated =d I hope their next step is to bring out a Mazdaspeed RX-8 that'll match the perfornace of STi/EVO... *keep dreaming...* haha

#10 ·
It'd be a super beast, but then it'd be compared to the STi/EVO, thats the last thing Mazda wants, so I think they made it FWD for a reason, also its partially related to why the MS6 is underrated =d I hope their next step is to bring out a Mazdaspeed RX-8 that'll match the perfornace of STi/EVO... *keep dreaming...* haha
[/b]
Imagine if they dropped the MS6 powerplant in the RX8. I'd be ALL over that.

#12 ·
A new MS3 owner in Alberta posted pics of his car, along with a short vid with sound of the exhaust:
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/Tig...¤t=100_2625.flv

Wish ours sounded like this stock. Guess Mazda has different markets in mind when they tuned the two exhaust systems. Oh well, mine will soon, after I get my custom 3" pipe and free flow muffler (either Magnaflow or Aeroturbine).

Edit: if you guys don't feel this should in this section, feel free to move it or have it moved.
[/b]
I live in Alberta--tme to go the dealer...if they're here and it sounds like that, I want one. Now.

#13 ·
Haha, actually, drop it in the MX-5, n call it mazdaspeed MX-5, which is highly possible.. but please keep the RX... RX =D rotary FTW!
[/b]
Not a big fan of Rotary. I appreciate the engineering behind it, but I still would never own one. I love the RX8's look though. Still.......2.3 MZR DISI Turbo FTW. :D

#16 ·
#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.