Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 3 year old, 2.0 Diesel with 80K on the clock.
It was a fleet motor, the owner drove it up and down the M6 all day and its had full service history.

I'm getting exhaust smoke on excelleration.
I've have the car checked over by my mechanic mate and he checked oil as part of that, only thing he spotted was that the coolant was a bit low.

I thought is was only when accelerating hard, but from hearing from my mates it seems to be ok at cruising, but on accelerating, its spounting out a wee bit of smoke.

any suggestions?

Its just had its MOT 2 months ago as well so I would have thought any unusual emmisions would have been caught.

cheers,
Tam

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

I suffer from a similar problem with my 6 Sport Diesel too. It chucks out loads of smoke especially when accelerating hard like when you go down a slip road onto the motorway.

Luckily mine is under extended warranty until Nov 2007, but I've noticed a ringing noise coming from the engine when you rev it, it's coming from the EGR valve at the front of the engine. Apparently a faulty EGR valve can cause excessive smoke and furthermore according to my local dealer is a fairly common replacement. Mine is booked in for tomorrow where they're swapping it for a new one. I will let you know if it a) cures the smoking problem, and b) how much they cost to replace if you have to pay.

I have just bought a 3 year old, 2.0 Diesel with 80K on the clock.
It was a fleet motor, the owner drove it up and down the M6 all day and its had full service history.

I'm getting exhaust smoke on excelleration.
I've have the car checked over by my mechanic mate and he checked oil as part of that, only thing he spotted was that the coolant was a bit low.

I thought is was only when accelerating hard, but from hearing from my mates it seems to be ok at cruising, but on accelerating, its spounting out a wee bit of smoke.

any suggestions?

Its just had its MOT 2 months ago as well so I would have thought any unusual emmisions would have been caught.

cheers,
Tam
[/b]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi,

I suffer from a similar problem with my 6 Sport Diesel too. It chucks out loads of smoke especially when accelerating hard like when you go down a slip road onto the motorway.

Luckily mine is under extended warranty until Nov 2007, but I've noticed a ringing noise coming from the engine when you rev it, it's coming from the EGR valve at the front of the engine. Apparently a faulty EGR valve can cause excessive smoke and furthermore according to my local dealer is a fairly common replacement. Mine is booked in for tomorrow where they're swapping it for a new one. I will let you know if it a) cures the smoking problem, and b) how much they cost to replace if you have to pay.[/b]
Any update? Did you change your EGR? Does it still "smokes"?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The simple answer is yes it does still smoke, but then all diesels do I guess on full throttle, however I think it's improved quite a bit since changing the EGR valve, and Mazda did confirm that mine was faulty. So it's worth getting it checked out.

Any update? Did you change your EGR? Does it still "smokes"?[/b]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
[email protected]
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing