Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done every search I could think of on here about this and didn't come up with anything. Does anyone know if it is even possible to get the Injen SES exhaust system installed on a 6i? I understand that it probably won't be just a bolt on procedure, but do you think that a good shop could make this work?

I've listened to the sound clips of this exhaust and I absolutly love it, I know it will be different on a 4 banger but I'm just curious if it's even possible.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I'm sure its possible, Its probably only a matter of changing the size/type of connection to the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure its possible, Its probably only a matter of changing the size/type of connection to the exhaust manifold.
[/b]
ok, that's what I was hoping to hear, a friend of mine said that there would be no way to run an exhaust system for a V6 on an I4.

I was thinking that the under carriage setup can't be that different between the two and it would possibly just need a custom downpipe made to make it work.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
the bends may be off and it may not line up correctly

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
for the right amount of money, anything is possible

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well if all you basically want to do is be able to use the two mufflers and resonator they supply you with, then after initially paying for the catback, there wouldn't be much work after that.

Even at worst, if the pipes don't match up at all and would need to be completely rebent, you could just cut off the mufflers and have some custom mandrell bends installed. It wouldn't be that expensive I don't think. I just don't see why anyone would want to pay around $700 for just a catback that does so little muffling.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would be cheaper for you to find a exaust place near you that does performance work and have them build you something. if the bends are off and they have to do alota cutting and welding it will cost way to much. plus the sound will be different on the 6i. you may not get waht u want

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
darminion
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing