Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Mazda 6s
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, this might be a dumb question, but would a Mazdaspeed6 catback exhaust fit on the v6? Just the catback part?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just find an exhaust shop and have them make a catback for you. The stock V6 exhaust system on the first gens is an absolutely awful design.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm not sure about the MS6 but the standard 4cyl will work, @blackerphotos swapped a magnaflow catback from a 4cyl to his v6 and i believe the only alteration that had to be made was the length of the pipe leading up to the cat

·
Registered
79 Posts
I put a Mazdaspeed exhaust on my 2006 6s (V6). It sounds great! It bolted right up to the back of the cat area and while I doubt it added any horsepower, it does sound nice, and the new exhaust tips look better too. Note that this is a Mazdaspeed exhaust designed for the regular Mazda 6 with the V6, not an exhaust designed for the Mazdaspeed 6 (with the turbo).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ll save you some time, after weeks of research about the 3.0L V6 exhaust the best sounding, cheapest and easiest option is to do a muffler delete. It’s simple and sounds really good.

·
Registered
2006 Mazda 6s
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses everyone! I think I'm going to straight pipe it. It will be the most cost effective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts