Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im a little confused right now and need someone to clarify something for me. Ok i was reading in a post that a club member took off his resonator on the Magnaflow exhaust and it made it less raspy, but then a couple days earlier i read a different post where someone said when you take off the resonator, that is what makes the exhaust note more raspy. So which one is correct then. I am going to be buying a cat back exhaust soon and dont want the car to sound raspy i cant stand that. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
982 Posts
The resonator is meant to take away the raspy noise. Keep the resonator on if you do not wish to hear that.

However, on the Magnaflow exhaust, I believe the general consensus is that taking the resonator off does not make it THAT much more raspy at all and the noise is still quite bareable in-cabin.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok that really doesnt clarify anything really? Anyone else have an opinion?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
How does it not clerify?

He said keep it on, thats its job.

IF you buy Magnaflows and take it OFF, it will be raspiER but not as raspy as some other systems when you take it off.

If you want to be sure, leave it ON.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i was just saying that it didnt clarify because that other guy posted that he thought the resonator stops drone not raspyness!

·
Registered
511 Posts
If you have a v6, it's not going to be raspy, dude. Only way to make it "raspy" is to get rid of cats. If you have the I4, I wouldn't know. but taking off resonator only increases in-cabin "drone," it doesn't make it raspy. thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
backman_66
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing