Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want a straight through pipe from my cat...

just decided to cheap out and find a shop that can bend a pipe and do it from a flange so I can put it back to stock later.

Anyone know a shop that's decently cheap and good around the LA area? or SGV area would be better.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
couple places in OC if worse comes to worse

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I unno, some dude in the ms6 sub forum got one done for less than 100.

I guess it shouldn't be tooo hard to find someone that is half decent. Probably not totally smooth, but with a 3" it should help regardless.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
No mufflers? Basically you want 0 restriction after the cats?

I recently installed a DP on mine.. and let me tell you.. the cat-back setup on the speed6 of little importance... in fact I think the cat-back exhaust is just fine stock....

HOWEVER the stock downpipe.. that consists of two cats... is horrible.. replacing this will give you a huge improvement... But its a PITA... and spendy... up 2 u.. as for a shop... I'll ask my friend down there... He's in Rancho / OC area... so if thats too far.. I won't be of any help...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No mufflers? Basically you want 0 restriction after the cats?

I recently installed a DP on mine.. and let me tell you.. the cat-back setup on the speed6 of little importance... in fact I think the cat-back exhaust is just fine stock....

HOWEVER the stock downpipe.. that consists of two cats... is horrible.. replacing this will give you a huge improvement... But its a PITA... and spendy... up 2 u.. as for a shop... I'll ask my friend down there... He's in Rancho / OC area... so if thats too far.. I won't be of any help...
[/b]
Actually isn't there two cats after the DP?

I wanted it go after I guess the first cat.

but yea Rancho area isn't bad at all, I mean it all depends on the price.

I guess I did want to go with a DP, but the price is a bit high. Guess I'll need to hold out for more money if I go with a DP. Too bad I don't have the tools to do the DP job, I would probably seriously consider it if I could do it with what I had.

Cheap performance is what I was going for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts