Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, So, I am looking for a relatively cheap mufflers to install on this car.

However, I don't really want to spend the money to buy a full axel-back system.

I just want to know, If I were to purchase this would I just be able to weld it on to the stock piping?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, it may just be easier to go ahead and buy a full axel-back setup, or possibly a full cat-back system?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about thisone?
I heard it on someone's 6, It was a V6 though, It sounded DAMN good.

·
Registered
370 Posts
u got a 4cyl? or v6? heres what I did and think you shoudl do the same if your v6 (idk about 4cyl). I went out and bought two tips for $25 each and then went to a muffler shop and asking the people if they can take out the 4 bolts that hold the stock mufflers and custom fit 2.25" pipes all the way to the back and weld the two tips I bought earlier. RESULT=$150 but it sounds so good that when I go to a weekly meet, people with srt4/350z/vw etc. ask me what kind of exahust I have. I think it sounds good cuz of the v6 but if it was an i4 then idk it will sound ricey im assuming. But for the money it cost me plus I just put my two stock muffler back on anytime I want it was a hell of a deal. Just so you know im stock headers cat and res....just straight pipes in the back. I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, you're saying that you don't have any mufflers? To be honest that would probably sound horrid on my i4. I was thinking about maybe just biting the bullet and buying a full axelback system. Probably Tanabe Concept G Exhaust Mazda 6 03+ Dual Axle Back: eBay Motors (item 250387709538 end time Jun-03-10 21:05:40 PDT)this one.

Do you guys think that if I were to buy that axelback, would it sound ricey with the F2 header and high flow cat?

I'm looking for alot of sound. I want people to look at my car and think it's un-threatening and then they hear the sound and they piss their pants.
It's unlikely, but that's what I want. :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dude, that would be awesome.
thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
370 Posts
No problem that's what we r here for... I'm going to sleep now so as soon as I wake up I'll take pics in the day light and explain it all to u... I was like u one day n didn't know ahit but some guy on here helped me alot and that's how we grow :)

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
i have a set of magnaflow mufflers that just bolt up to the stock Y pipe. they look extremely good. and my stock intake is still louder then my exhaust. which was the most important thing to me. i cant be having no loud rice box. lol.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am just wondering what you guys think of the racing beat exhaust. I have a i4 so I know I'm not doing straight pipes. Looking at other forums people say that it's not as loud as the magnaflow which monoxidechild says isn't loud. So I am not sure what to get cause I don't want something to loud but I want to have people turn their heads.

Also, any opinions on headers, looking for those too cause I actually want horsepower gains when I do my exhaust.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
mine are just the magnaflow mufflers. not the entire catback they sell for our car. the magnaflow catback system is alot louder then my set up. and ive personally heard a few of the racing beat set ups. and those are also louder then mine. i actually was gonna go the racing beat route, till i saw them in person. and didnt really like the style. they dont sound bad though.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
yes, i did the install. had to have a friend bend me some pipes to match up to the stock Y pipe though. i havent takin any pics. but can when i get home since im not driving it right now.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, MonoxideChild, you're saying that you just bought some mufflers, your's being the Magnaflow mufflers, and you have pipe bent to match the stock pipes that ran to the stock mufflers?
So, I could do the same thing, but just use the mufflers of my choice?
Is that, kind of, what you're telling me?
I hope so. LOL.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
pretty much.

the stock exhaust goes to rigth after the rear axle where it Y's off. im still running all that OEM stuff.

then i have whatever aftermarket muffler you want to install. with like a foot of pipe off them that were bent up to match up to the stock Y pipe. so i cant unbolt the magnaflows anytime and remove them, and slap my stockers right back on. any basic muffler shop can do this for you.

to anyone that looked, it looks like i have an exhaust system. but its just the mufflers. course if i upgraded the piping, id get more of a performance gain. but the 6 is my daily driver. i have 3 turbo's car's to go fast in. i just want the 6 to look pretty. lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet, I think I could prolly easily buy some N1 mufflers, and have some pipe bent.
Doesn't sound too expensive either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts