Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions about my 6i, and I can't seem to find the answers yet.

1. I have a hole in my exhaust manifold heat shield. But here's the weird thing, it is only on the top side, the underside is clean and clear. The manifold itself looks good. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen, or had any ideas what could have caused it. The only thing that comes to mind is something dripping from above onto the hot shield. But i have no proof. What do you think?

2. We have had some unbearably cold temperatures here lately, a few of the days with highs below zero. A couple of times now, after driving for a while, I hear the fuel pump whining in the rear, kind of rhythmic, and it has been cold when it does it. I do not know a lot about these fuel pumps, can the cold cause this and not indicate a failing pump, could I have gotten a tank of gas with a lot of moisture in it, is there a screen on it? Do you guys feel like those couple times would justify replacement preemptively?

3. Do our cars have fuel filters? I seriously can not find one on any online catalog, or any mention of one.

I know you've never seen me on here before, so I appreciate if you can give me any insight.

Here are links to some pictures of the manifold.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts