Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as things went with my previous car, Jeep, I was out of warranty by the time i started doing stuff to it. With this, of course, its going to be under warranty for awhile, so who knows what qualifies as voiding the warranty? I was planning on doing a bolt-on exhaust soon, but I want to be cautious, but not paranoid.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Exhaust and Intake

Any non-Mazda OE (Original Equipment) part as I'm told. You might be able to get away with shocks and springs (As I've seen warranty companies label them as depreciable items). Other depreciable items include brake pads, tires and so on.

Never heard of wheels voiding your warranty either, but be careful in what you do though, as they like to nitpick, such as if you added new wheels and put a spacer to correct the offset of the wheel and all the studs sheered themselves off and you crashed, I'm sure they would probably decline repairs.

Of course if you do get into a situation, you can put all the original parts back on it, but don't brag about it like this Subaru owner:

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.ph...15&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
79 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Exhaust and Intake'

Unless the laws have changed, the installation of aftermarket parts will not void your warranty in the US. A warranty claim can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in question. Even in that case, a denial could only be made for that failure. Other unrelated failures would still be covered. See the Consumers Bill Of Rights on SEMA's EnjoyTheDrive.com web site: http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8123.

That doesn't mean that a dealer won't try to deny a warranty claim, however. We've all heard the stories, but it's important to know your rights in such cases.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Replying to Topic 'E

Justin.. Trust me... THere's nothing I would do to my 6 without researching it first. As long as it's Cat-Back exhaust and your original Oxygen sensor is left intact, your Warranty WILL be honored. I understand your concern...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts