Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
mmmm... can't wait til i see finished product!

since im yellow too.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good luck on your exams :)

paint job is looking good, may i ask where you purchased the paint, paintscratch.com?? and if it is an exact match??
[/b]
http://automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint.asp They're great. But it took about 2 weeks for it to get to me. I think the color matched very well. What do think from the pic?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
http://automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint.asp They're great. But it took about 2 weeks for it to get to me. I think the color matched very well. What do think from the pic?
[/b]
hey i thought you were hitting the books :D

the paint looks like a great match, how many coats did you do just one??

now put down the paint and go study..... :p what exam you studying for?? ( i ask because i know you are on the computer and avoiding your books)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey i thought you were hitting the books :D

the paint looks like a great match, how many coats did you do just one??

now put down the paint and go study..... :p what exam you studying for?? ( i ask because i know you are on the computer and avoiding your books)
[/b]
haha thanks buddy. (suppose to be) studying for psychology. I did some studying but I had to see what the pieces looked like back together. I used several coats like 5-6 at least. And then there's adhesion promoter and 3 coats of clear. Oh and some advice...I didn't but should have used a basecolor like white or light grey. The color will match better. And the trim pieces are the kind of plastic that you HAVE to sand before painting.
[attachmentid=12168]

[attachmentid=12169]

[attachmentid=12170]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You really like yellow huh. I like all except the atenza badge in the car, seems like something a chevy would have. They seem to put the car name on the dash to make sure you dont forget it on your way out... YEP.. i bought a chevy. :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice job 6gun! i was considering doin the same to my car but i have the beige interior. dont think itll match too nicely
[/b]
Thanks man. In my opinion anyway beige with red wouldn't look too bad!

You really like yellow huh. I like all except the atenza badge in the car, seems like something a chevy would have. They seem to put the car name on the dash to make sure you dont forget it on your way out... YEP.. i bought a chevy. :)
[/b]
Why do I have to love the yellow to paint the interior pieces? It just looks nicer in general. But yes I do love the yellow. Think it's one of the best colors for the 6. I like the dash badge because it's the japanese name for the 6 and I like Mazdas japanese roots. It stays.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks nice ... i'm not digging the tweeter area though but the other panel is nice
[/b]
Yeah I'm not sure either about the tweeter, to be honest. I'm going to keep it for a couple weeks and decide if I wanna go back.

Looks good. So are you the yellow 6 I see on campus all the time man? Over by the Haworth college of business/rood hall parking lots?
[/b]
That would be me bro! It's possible there is another yellow 6 on campus now but I've never even seen another yellow 6 in person.(except pics). My grill and 6Club stickers in the rear window is a dead giveaway.

·
Registered
748 Posts
looking good, but now that you started to do some of the interior yellow you're going to have to keep going. I"m sure there are other interior parts that would also look good in yellow. blackmagic did his interior a dark reddish color from what i could tell in some of his vids, and it seems to look hot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
Regulator
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing