Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://iawbody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270

OK. I am not posting this for the link of the video he posted.. I know that isn't allowed on the boards here. .So ignore that.

But rather, for what is being said below by derek072887 saying that his friend ordered a left side drive, Japanese mazdaspeed 6 from Japan and had it legalized and braught over and that it is running 370hp stock..

·
Registered
375 Posts
hmmm
i wonder where this jap spec ms6 comes from?

i love some people
i hate most of them

my brother has a gtp and id love to see alot of cars that think they are fast try and hang with this thing... anyways thats a nice find on that silly forum. maybee we should tell them not to race an awd car in the 1/8 mile unless they are running dr's

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm
i wonder where this jap spec ms6 comes from?

i love some people
i hate most of them

my brother has a gtp and id love to see alot of cars that think they are fast try and hang with this thing... anyways thats a nice find on that silly forum. maybee we should tell them not to race an awd car in the 1/8 mile unless they are running dr's
[/b]
Yeah. It's a local forum. and the kid said he wants to run him again.. I just want to meet the kid and talk to him to see where he is getting his info from is all.. I don't really want to be around while they do anything stupid on the streets. Specially on a cuved road like that lol.

My friend used to let me drie his GTP all the time. I loved that car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I owned a 98 GTP. Decent car. Was never overwhelmed with the power or the handling...

And all of this talk about 370 is simply not true, no matter what anyone says.

I hate being logical.

This guy didn't legalize and bring over anything...is it a right hand drive by the way?

·
Registered
126 Posts
370? Wow. lol. "I wish, I wish, I wish" :drool:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I owned a 98 GTP. Decent car. Was never overwhelmed with the power or the handling...

And all of this talk about 370 is simply not true, no matter what anyone says.

I hate being logical.

This guy didn't legalize and bring over anything...is it a right hand drive by the way?
[/b]
The guy that owns the GTP said it was DEFIENTLY not right hand drive at all.

It is one of 2 things. Since this is Iowa.

1. The kid is UNGODLY misinformed...

2. HE figured it's Iowa. Don't see many 6's or mazdaspeed 6's. or any like tuned up ones anywyas. So he assumed he could get away with a fib not thinking anyone would even realize. Just to sound mor eimpressive then he is..

·
Registered
704 Posts
The GTP can't even make 3 runs without "pooping out" as the guy says. Those GTPs are good for the business man who doesn't want a Taurus. But, it isn't anything to write home about.

·
Registered
807 Posts
bunch of BS + street racing? = why is this thread still open?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Wish someone could read the japanese part on that mazda site where it talks about the M'z Tune MS6 though. It looks pretty sweet. It does make more power according to the specs page, but how much is written in a footnote at the bottom of the page in japanese. Japan always gets the cool stuff.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bunch of BS + street racing? = why is this thread still open?
[/b]
Well,

Probably because this post has nothing to do with street racing and I already posted to ignore the stupid video. But rather, it was about the thread of the one guy caliming the Mazdaspeed 6 is what it's not.

I found the thread in a local forum and thought the Speed guys on here would enjoy the claims the kid is saying about his speed6.

Don't come on here as a nooblet and be a dick about an innocent post. No-one was a dick to you in the thread first, so it's pointless.

I even changed the name of the thread to draw the attention further away from the fact of what they was doing. Just for your sensative eyes.... Since that aspect has nothing to do with my posting it for others.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I liked the moderator in like the 5th post down that said:
'ms6, big ugly mazda 6'

Big and ugly? And what the hell would you call a 1998 Grand Prix SE? hahaha Small and beautiful?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm sure that was probably a stock or lightly modded speed 6. 370 at the crank is probably good for at least high 12s and the speeds in that video looked no where close to that.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Right!...370 at the crank should have dusted the dashboard on that GTP - can we say OVERRATED?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Isn't it fun to watch other car owners talk up our cars???????? 370hp. Sheesh.

I wonder if I should let them know I got mine from Germany. You know, the 'Limited Autobahn' edition. 450hp, twin turbocharged...speedo reads 250mph. I'm sure it'll go that fast....it's says so.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts