Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am new to Mazda vehicles - used to drive a 2004 Saturn Ion that got totaled out. After a bit of research and test driving I found a nice sporty-looking Mazda6 that I must say I love! I purchased a used 2008 Mazda 6 i w/ the 2.3L I-4 engine. 46,980 miles at purchase. Has great horsepower for a I4 compared to some other I4 engines. Hoping to get at least 150k miles out of the engine - and from what I read I'm most likely to do that with the Mazda versus a Cobalt and/or underpowered Focus. I read that in theory the engine can get 500k miles with good maintenance, but 150-200k would make me very happy. I want to own this car for a good 6 to 10 years - maybe more! What are the average engine miles people are pulling out of the Mazda 6 on this forum?

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,547 Posts
:welcome9: to the 6Club! :wavey:

I've got 88K miles on mine, but there are plenty more with well over 100K...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome aboard! I've owned my car since new (June 2006) and I currently have 71,000 miles. My car, like yours, is the 2.3L and I have the five-speed manual gearbox. My only performance modification so far was the installation of a Mazdaspeed intake when the car was still new. I've had no problems at all in nearly four years. Nothing but routine maintenance...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi all a Mazda man of 40+ years of ownership and worked for about the same time in Mazda fixed operations..

I am over a the 3 rev forum and post mainly in the Infotainment section, I own RX-8 and Mx-5.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts