Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty much think the title sums it up. I was trying to explain in another forum and all I got was a deer stuck in headlight look. :eek: So if you know what it is, where to get it, oh yeah it's because I was thinking of getting the injen intake, and magnaflow exhaust. Figure I'd post here, all the help is apprieciated!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sup man! I can't believe you've been here since 03' and don't know what a cp-e is...If we get together sometime here in philly i'll show you my cp-e intake, which is THE BEST intake there is for the 6, especially if you're gettin an exhaust..Go to www.theRPMstore.com for more information...

Search too, I have a feeling you're going to get flamed for this..

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I pretty much think the title sums it up. I was trying to explain in another forum and all I got was a deer stuck in headlight look. :eek: So if you know what it is, where to get it, oh yeah it's because I was thinking of getting the injen intake, and magnaflow exhaust. Figure I'd post here, all the help is apprieciated!
[/b]
The CP-E MAFci system.

http://www.cp-e.com/2001.html

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/b]
I did do a search and that is also why I posted it the nebie section. I'll get flamed and that's cool. I worked on classics before this and never had to bother with a cold air intake. But thanks I'll take a look at RPM for it!

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
no flaming in the newbie section, so you are safe!

it is odd that you've been around for 2 years and haven't seen a single post on cp-e though. i'd go check out a local owner if you can, see if it's what you are looking for or not.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a huge difference between the cpe version vs the injen?? I mean for half the price the injen looks good? But then again what the hell do I know.... :irate:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
The CP-E results in substantially larger gains, due to the MAF customizer and somewhat better design (the customizer added to the Injen doesn't seem to do as well). It also prevents check engine lights.

CP-E customer support is also incredibly good.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Sup man! I can't believe you've been here since 03' and don't know what a cp-e is...If we get together sometime here in philly i'll show you my cp-e intake, which is THE BEST intake there is for the 6, especially if you're gettin an exhaust..Go to www.theRPMstore.com for more information...
[/b]
Why is it the best especially if he is getting an exhaust? Adding a cat-back exhaust system to the stock air-box provides no real gain in terms of power, and that doesn't change when adding any cold air intake either.

To the OP order the CPE Intake first. If you still aren't satisfied with added sound from the intake alone, then order the cat-back exhaust. If I were you I wouldn't invest $900 or so in the intake and exhaust combo when you are only getting power from the intake. Just my opinion, some people would rather have the added exhaust sound for the extra cost.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The CP-E results in substantially larger gains, due to the MAF customizer and somewhat better design (the customizer added to the Injen doesn't seem to do as well). It also prevents check engine lights.

CP-E customer support is also incredibly good.
[/b]
But would I be able to get the CPE MAFci™ System Bypass Module to stop the check engine light from coming on? It's just hard to swallow $530. But if it is that much better, I'll just save up a little. Because I do want to feel like :drool: when I'm driving it.

To the OP order the CPE Intake first. If you still aren't satisfied with added sound from the intake alone, then order the cat-back exhaust. If I were you I wouldn't invest $900 or so in the intake and exhaust combo when you are only getting power from the intake. Just my opinion, some people would rather have the added exhaust sound for the extra cost.
[/b]
I do want the added sound, but that is good advice. :yesnod: Thanks!

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
But would I be able to get the CPE MAFci™ System Bypass Module to stop the check engine light from coming on? It's just hard to swallow $530. But if it is that much better, I'll just save up a little. Because I do want to feel like :drool: when I'm driving it.
[/b]
Yes, you can for the Injen (unless this is no longer available).

I would vote the car needs an exhaust for decent tone. The car is way too stifled and prim without both in place.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sup man! I can't believe you've been here since 03' and don't know what a cp-e is...If we get together sometime here in philly i'll show you my cp-e intake, which is THE BEST intake there is for the 6
[/b]
I have off on Thursday, Friday and Saturday every week. PM me and I'll give you my phone number so we can meet up. I would love to take a drive in it, for the note and the added performance.

its worth every penny. believe you can even get it from the RPM also....
[/b]
Well that seems to be the consensus here. Time to flip bills around so I can afford it.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
[/b]
He's been here for a while but disappeared.

Slippery, still working at the Inn? Long time no talk...

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
[/b]
Save yer pennies and get the CP-E intake and headers as a package for a fantastic performance upgrade :)

http://www.cp-e.com/2019.html
http://www.cp-e.com/2001.html

Buy from here www.therpmstore.com

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is the filter restore kit worth buying when you purchase the cp-e intake? From what I have read in other posts, you should get the bypass module but I am not sure about the filter restore kit.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Is the filter restore kit worth buying when you purchase the cp-e intake? From what I have read in other posts, you should get the bypass module but I am not sure about the filter restore kit.
[/b]
You can just a K&N one if you have it, I think those are $10 or so at advance auto. You might as well get it through them though as you will have to clean/oil the filter over the same time period you would replace a regular paper air filter. Just more convienient to get it all from one place really.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
CPE is the best, however it's $500+.

If you're on budget and willing to risk of getting CEL and don't mind the lesser performance gain than CPE, I suggest getting AEM CAI for about $200.

Don't get injen because you are 90% sure of getting CEL.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's been here for a while but disappeared.

Slippery, still working at the Inn? Long time no talk...
[/b]
Nah man, I got into a much sweeter gig now. Believe it or not I'm in sales, I work only 4 days a week, and make a shit load more money. Hence why I'm finally able to upgrade. You haven't seen me in forever and a day for a lot of different reasons. Didn't have the internet for about a year, then completely forgot my password. I finally got back though and quickly trying to make up for it!!!

CPE is the best, however it's $500+.

If you're on budget and willing to risk of getting CEL and don't mind the lesser performance gain than CPE, I suggest getting AEM CAI for about $200.

Don't get injen because you are 90% sure of getting CEL.
[/b]
but as I said in an earlier thread to fix the injen...

QUOTE(slipperychef @ May 26 2006, 12:53 PM)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
16 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing