Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in an accident and my passenger side headlight is totally messed up. The housing, tabs, and the clear cover are all broken, but the actual lights, projectors etc.. are all ok, still working.

I didn't want to spend the $600 for ONE new headlight, so I was thinking about ordering the EURO pair that goes for $300+, comes without the foglight. I have the original fogs so thats not a problem. I don't like the chrome housing so they will definitely be opened and painted/tinted so I don't want them to melt when heating them in the oven.

But has anyone bought these? I just want to know if the fitment and quality is good. I bought projector headlights (for my Eclipse) from Ebay once and the quality wasn't that great. I can't add the link to the actual lights since I am at work and cannot access Ebay right now.

As an alternative, anyone know where I can get a used one? Has to be the black one tho.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I take it no one has bought these before.
Here is the link to the actual headlights...

Euro Headlights on Ebay

Any thoughts on this?
Assuming I have no other choice than to get these, I will be painting the bezel and adding the Halos from RPM while im at it. And the integrated fogs I can swap from my original headlights.

BTW, would go for a used passenger side HL but I keep getting outbid, plus used lights for $250+ ?? :nono: I don't think so. And none of the junk yards in my area have the passenger headlight.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
$340.00 for the pair is a really good price. I'd hurry up and just buy them at his asking price.
Everyone knows that's a steal of a price. Hurry up and grab them, before I do. I could use a spare set, to do some modding on.......... :yesnod:

---Aloha

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Gee, those "city light" bulbs look a lot like the parking lights on NA 6's.

I love EBay! False advertising FTW! :sarc:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they are regular headlights, and they just want to make it sound all COOOOL with the advertising. It looks exactly the same.
I bought them, I guess we will see how they are when they get here, lol.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hope they are as good as they seem.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
False advertising FTW, those are the same as the NAs

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the headlights today!! The seller said they got held up going through US Customs, since they came from Germany. Quality is great, just like the factory one and like no scratches. A few scuffs here and there but only when you look at them up close. Good seller IMO, responded quickly, in case anyone buys anything from them.

Pics:
[attachment=25664:d_headlight.jpg][attachment=25665:p_headlight.jpg]

And I dunno why, but they sent me these German gummy candies(?)... lol
[attachment=25666:candy.jpg]

Now, time to black them out.... :yesnod:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Just got the headlights today!! The seller said they got held up going through US Customs, since they came from Germany. Quality is great, just like the factory one and like no scratches. A few scuffs here and there but only when you look at them up close. Good seller IMO, responded quickly, in case anyone buys anything from them.

Pics:
[attachment=25664:d_headlight.jpg][attachment=25665:p_headlight.jpg]

And I dunno why, but they sent me these German gummy candies(?)... lol
[attachment=25666:candy.jpg]

Now, time to black them out.... :yesnod:[/b]
The city light stays on all the time unlike our parking light that we have to turn the switch for them, you might find inside the euro low projector is different from the NA low projector and there may be a small box under the projector that will be a motor for the auto adjustment for the head lights that are in the speed6.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The city light stays on all the time unlike our parking light that we have to turn the switch for them, you might find inside the euro low projector is different from the NA low projector and there may be a small box under the projector that will be a motor for the auto adjustment for the head lights that are in the speed6.[/b]
Will they easily work on NA cars?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The city light stays on all the time unlike our parking light that we have to turn the switch for them, you might find inside the euro low projector is different from the NA low projector and there may be a small box under the projector that will be a motor for the auto adjustment for the head lights that are in the speed6.[/b]
...Yea. Do you know if they will 'auto adjust' on my NA 6? I suppose this is what you meant:
[attachment=25672:motor.jpg]

It has 3 little wires going into it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yes thats the box and it could be wired to a switch to work in the M6

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes thats the box and it could be wired to a switch to work in the M6[/b]

Ok, so I am putting in the headlights, and I see the box and the wires that are running to it. Also, there are 2 extra pins where the plug goes that the NA headlights dont have. Seeing as how these are supposed to 'Auto Level' which is normally with sensors on the body and a control unit (which mine doesn't have), do you (or anyone else) know how to wire such a switch? I can't find any information on the voltage that goes to the little motor, and I don't want to fry the thing. On the workshop manual it says something about 5V, but not sure.

I suppose the 2 pins are the ones that control up and down, and the third cable is grounded. What sucks is that I can't adjust the up/down level.

If anyone has any info, I would appreciate it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
ZoomZoom04
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing