Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone,
Is drilling required to install the Euro/Asia tail lights, or can I just follow the instructions here at Mazda6Tech?

I thought I read somewhere that drilling was involved to install them.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hi, everyone,
Is drilling required to install the Euro/Asia tail lights, or can I just follow the instructions here at Mazda6Tech?

I thought I read somewhere that drilling was involved to install them.

Thanks in advance for the help!
[/b]
The euro/asia tails do not make use of the 3rd brake light, therefor a hole needs to be drilled out for it to be used.

Copied from RPM's GB
What is this modification you are referring to?

In Europe, the inner right lamp serves as the rear fog light and the inner left lamp is sealed and contains only a reflector (and it's the opposite in the U.K.). Most people in the U.S. want to use all four red lamps, so we will drill out the left inner tail lamp to make this possible, so you wont have to do anything other than install them.[/b]

·
Registered
440 Posts
When I purchased mine from the GB last year, RPM did the drilling for us. If you buy it directly from the dealer then you'll have to do the drilling yourself. Also there was another slight mod I and some others had to do: the bulb couldn't screw in properly I think, so I took a knife and cut the plastic down a little.. not a big deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
venom
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing