Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm planning on ordering the 3.5" TMIC from you but I also need a new set of OEM studs for attaching the turbo to the downpipe. I asked Sabrina @JimClickMazdaParts but never got a response from her... so hopefully you guys can be more helpful and get more of my business ;)

Since they're specific for the Mazdaspeed6 I don't know if those studs and nuts would be an easy to get in stock part or if they're a "backorder from Japan" type part. If you guys can't get them do you know if a grade-8 stud from a hardware store would be up to the task? I know it's an extremely rough environment in there so i don't want to use just any stud from the bargain bin.

Hope to hear back from you soon,
Justin B.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm planning on ordering the 3.5" TMIC from you but I also need a new set of OEM studs for attaching the turbo to the downpipe. I asked Sabrina @JimClickMazdaParts but never got a response from her... so hopefully you guys can be more helpful and get more of my business ;)

Since they're specific for the Mazdaspeed6 I don't know if those studs and nuts would be an easy to get in stock part or if they're a "backorder from Japan" type part. If you guys can't get them do you know if a grade-8 stud from a hardware store would be up to the task? I know it's an extremely rough environment in there so i don't want to use just any stud from the bargain bin.

Hope to hear back from you soon,
Justin B.
[/b]

hello justin, thanks for checking into our services.

on other mazdaspeed vehicles, a grade 8 stud would be up to the task, however when the option prevents itself we prefer go with whats proven - OEM. i can't imagine the total being more than $15 for four, but i will confirm for you in the morning and PM you

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Order placed and paypal sent Sunday w/ order number referenced. Haven't gotten an email back yet so was hoping you recieved the payment and my order was being processed.

I know with the holiday this week things are kind of screwy but I'd like to be kept in the loop if at all possible with teh status of my order. Right now my downpipe is only held on by two bolts so i haven't even tried taking the car over 2500rpm.... kinda makes it not so much fun to drive.... lol

Anyway, just shoot me an email so i know you recieved my payment... since it didn't work the first time, I just would rather not have any further complications to delay getting on your big TMIC and having a FUN car again ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Order placed and paypal sent Sunday w/ order number referenced. Haven't gotten an email back yet so was hoping you recieved the payment and my order was being processed.

I know with the holiday this week things are kind of screwy but I'd like to be kept in the loop if at all possible with teh status of my order. Right now my downpipe is only held on by two bolts so i haven't even tried taking the car over 2500rpm.... kinda makes it not so much fun to drive.... lol

Anyway, just shoot me an email so i know you recieved my payment... since it didn't work the first time, I just would rather not have any further complications to delay getting on your big TMIC and having a FUN car again ;)
[/b]
yes i did get it, many thanks. everything should be to you just after the holiday weeked

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I got the TMIC on Wednesday. Looks good and got it installed right away. But the OEM studs/nuts for the downpipe weren't included in the box. Did they ship out seperately? Are you still waiting on them?

It's been 4 weeks since I've been able to drive my car hard because of my downpipe issue. I know that isn't your fault or responsibility.... I'd just like to know when those parts may arrive so i can finally fix the car.

Thanks,
Justin B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts