Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Estonia Mazda 6 advertisement survey'

Yeah I've seen that before. Funny stuff. My favorite is the "6 is more" one.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Omega

I don't get it. What is so funny?[/b]
About the "6 is More" one or about the whole survey in general?

·
Registered
514 Posts

I'm always impressed (and a little jealous) by how daring ads can be in the rest of the world than in the US. Very few if any of those ads would have made it past the whiney ratings advisors to the airwaves. They're hilarious in my opinion!

-Alt

·
Registered
136 Posts

Those ads are very funny.
Shame there are too many "precious" people in Australia and the USA who would get offended by these. I am sure the majority of people who would see these ads would get a laugh out of them :)

MM6

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Those ads aren't funny. They are tasteless. What's more: they are illegal to advertise in most countries.

Ever figured why they did this in the form of a "survey"?

It's so they can't be reached by justice. Anyway, it's pure BAD TASTE of Mazda in Estonia. If Mazda HQ in Japan found out about this, they would probably have them remove it immediately. It hurts the Mazda brand. A lot.

Funny? God, think a little!

·
Registered
514 Posts

And that's why humor, gentlepeople, is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder.

But it just chaps my hide when someone goes as far as saying "think" when s/he disagrees with a subjective an issue as humor. If you don't like it, please by all means parade about how much it offends you... but don't assume that those who are amused or entertained by the same offending material are in any way unintelligent for the same. To me, that is far more offensive than any "bad" comedy.

And here's me parading about it :)

-Alt

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I can see the theoretically funny about it, but if you think a bit further you could easily see the ad about extacy VERY offending. Did you ever meet the parents of the victims of that drug? I did. Trust me, it takes the fun away completely. What if you had lost your child to that drug? Still funny?

I agree a couple of those ads were fun, that's not what I meant. But a couple of them are so extremely bad taste it takes away that fun too.

And so I stand by my statement: think. By letting yourselves be amused by this kind of the lowest form of "humour", then you also agree on extacy being a bit fun. Sorry if my anger on this matter offends you. But this makes me really mad.

Just my 2 cents. Even though that won't buy you a fortune cookie...:sarc

·
Registered
514 Posts

To each his own (humor). But running around insulting people ain't the way to lend credence to your argument. If I were you I might tell you to "think" right now, but I know you're an intelligent person and don't need to be told that.

-Alt

·
Registered
514 Posts

And which drug ad are you talking about? I don't believe I clicked that far.

I particularly enjoyed the "69" ad.

-Alt

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I see where you're coming from Steve but I agree with Alt here. There are a lot of things that are funny to some people but won't be to others because of upbringing or personal experiences. For example, you can watch a funny movie where someone who is drunk does a foolish thing. Funny to some, but not funny to someone who's abused by a alchoholic spouse. Should drunken scenes be banned from movies?

I particularly didn't care for the "69" one. But I don't think any less about Alt for being amused by it. And I certainly don't think anyone should have there intelligence questioned for it.

But I still luv ya bro :)

·
Registered
514 Posts

Yep.. I think you see where I'm coming from Alial. It's just tolerance. And I appreciate it! And for the record, Steve... I've got no beef with you. I still think you're an awesome guy... but I- like you- have to speak my mind. I'm glad we can do it in a mature fashion here. Not like a lot of other car forums I know...

-Alt

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Agree completely. Sorry for being a bit harsch here. I was coming down with the flue when I was writing those words... That plus I didn't like the ads (especially the one with the extasy pill with the "6" symbol on...) got to my head...:sarc

Humor is a strange thing. Basically most humor demands a serious issue to be funny...

And I who like Fawlty Towers and mr Bean should not speak of bad humor, really...:sarc

Still have the flue, but the fever is down...I'm beginning to think clear again.

(And my 6 is in the garage...is it longing as much for me as I for it? Her, I mean?:D )

·
Registered
514 Posts

Like I said, no harm no foul. You didn't seem overly harsh to me... you argued with respect, which I respect in return.

Glad you're feeling better!

-Alt

·
Registered
514 Posts

PS, drug useage bothers me too... particularly dangerous drugs like EX. I had a few friends in college that thought it was "sooo cool." It saddened me that extremely inteligent people like my peers could fall for crap like that. I myself am a teetotaller and never touch the bad stuff (not once in my life). I figure it's more fun to actually remember the excitement you had the night before... isn't that what fun is for? Memories?

-Alt

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Altersys

Like I said, no harm no foul.  You didn't seem overly harsh to me... you argued with respect, which I respect in return.

Glad you're feeling better!

-Alt[/b]
Ditto :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, it's sad to see good people go under with the drugs. We don't have death penalty here as you do, and I don't want it. But drugdealing is one of the thing that makes me consider it...:sarc

I'm living in a small town, but it has come to be known as the most drug-using in Sweden...:sarc

And I have to raise a kid here... Damn, that scares me.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts