Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bro-in-law has been helping a friend out at a used car dealership and can pick this car up for about 15k. http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/deta...elASC&cardist=0

He's thinking of buying it, throwing some tint on and a lip spoiler and selling it. It's an '06 sedan, V6, cloth, ATX with only 1,000 miles! He's willing to sit on it for a little bit to find the right buyer.

What do you guys think, can he make a profit?

(Not to mention, I can swap out those '06 tails while we're at it :yesnod: )

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Remember, if you're buying it from a dealer its already been marked up. I doubt you can make a huge profit, but all the best luck you ya!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's the thing, if you look at the link, they want 17k for it. Since he works there he's getting it for their cost.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd say do it as long as it "smells like a new car" it should be worth it.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I think its a pretty risky proposition to try and "flip" a car, especially with the rebates/discounts/incentives Mazda is throwing out right now for "new" sixes. Tint and lip spoiler, assuming $400, plus any costs for insurance, say $100, tags (unkown), and sales tax (assumed) will eat away any profit he'll make in a private sale.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
^^ditto. you don't want to try and flip on something which has such a high depreciation rate. much different from flipping a house which typically grows in value. adding tint doesn't necessarily increase value, either. i'd pass on it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The seats look like they have stains. The tails are the ugly set for 06 and I doubt he would make any money on a resale. A carfax report would show an additional owner and a potential buyer would be smart to question that. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
millonater
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing