Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My good friend owns an aftermarket auto store here and he was in touch with an apparent rep with Catz in Canada. Apparently these are scant in Canada :). Anyways, I found out that an actual CATZ HID system @ 5500K retails at 1300CAD. They also have a CATZ ZETA system available that I can get for about a 1/3 of that through my friend.

What I'd like to ask is this. Is the Installation Guide you directed me too valid for the ZETA kits as well? Thanks.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Reading Topic: Eric. RE: Catz and Zeta

No.. the Zeta is NOT a HID kit. It is totally different and I would not recommend it. It has a bulb which will operate at much higher temperature and coupld possibly damage your wiring and/or housings.

In addition, your bulbs will burn out in a very short amount of time. The wiring for the Zeta kit is a little complicated, but it should be easy to figure out. If you could, I would consider returning the Zeta kit and purchase the real HID that Catz makes. Also, I would recommend the 4500K and not the 5500K. The 5500K will not be as bright. With your projector setup, the 4500K would give plenty of the slight blue HID look.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Eric. RE: Catz and Zeta

Alright fine. I went with a true CATZ HID 4500K. Costs me nothing but some extra work. Normally would cost about 1300CAD. So you say this will give a blue tinge to it. I'm not looking for all blue just white with a hint of blue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts