Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone lives in Brooklyn, NY and is able to have their 6 away for 2 months they can have their own custom body kit for their 6. here's wut i found. i'd love to have a kit made for my car. but 2 months, shittttttttttttttt.i might be able to do so if i had another Mazda to ride in. ;)

Can you make a custom Ground Effect kit for my car?
There are certain cars that we are interested in making a new kit. For those cars that we are interested in, we can make a Shogun style ground effect kit under the following conditions. 1. We need you car in Brooklyn, NY for about 2 months in order to make the kit. We can not make a new kit without having the car to work on. 2. It would cost you $3000.00 for a complete new kit made, installed on your car and painted. Any additional work, such as painting the whole car or custom paint scheme will cost more. 3. Your car has to be a light or bright color car, such as red, white, yellow, light blue, etc. Cars that are black or other dark colors such as brown, navy blue, etc we would not be interested in. The real cost of making a new kit, installing and painting it is actually $15,000.00, but since we are interested in making a Shogun style kit for your car we are offering to do it at $3000.00 which hardly covers our cost of materials. If you agree with our requirements then please e-mail us the year, make, model and color of your car and we would notify you immediatley if we are interested in making a new Shogun kit for you.

unqoute

or u can check the Website out for more detailed faq. is anyone ready to take one for the team?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic '? Erebuni Custom Body Kit ?'

i just emailed them also to inform them of the profits they can earn.

i am a owner of the new 2003 Mazda 6s, and was wondering if u are planning the production of a body kit yet? i am apart of a forum for the 6's where i'm known as WhoDiddy, and we are dying to get kits for our cars. the forum that i'm apart of is http://www.goonish.com/atenza/index.php . u can get ideas for the new Mazda 6's there where we discuss and look at other kits that are already beeing made, but not here in the USA. u would have a lot of customer base here. my 6s is the one with the sport package already on it, but others and myself are already interested in other kits to be different. i have include sum pix of my 6s so that u can see wut the stock 6s comes with. there are two different 6's, the 6i which is a four cylinder and the 6s which is a V6 (optional sport package for the 6s only). please respond back shortly after receiving this email.[/b]
think we'll have anyluck?

·
Registered
657 Posts

Oh, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo....... Not a friggen Shogun kit, dear god, no. I live in NYC, and I wouldn't get that kit for free, let alone $3000. I dunno, too ricey for my tastes.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

U'd turn down a FREE kit?????? doesn't have to be a shogun kit tho.. they make others there.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Uhhmm...just my two cents: letting them have your car for two full months isn't what I would call FREE.

Also: they are full of crap. The 15000 US they talk about is perhaps their development cost, but who cares? They will sell plenty later. The 3000 US is what we pay here in Sweden for the original ground effect package. Including front/rear bumpers and sideskirts. You would expect aftermarket to be cheaper, huh?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

i know it's not free, but Entropism said he wouldn't take one if it was free. if they're full of shit on the dev cost so wut, long as they get the basics down. they would sell a shit load of the kit also. 2 months is terribly too long w/o your car.

·
Registered
657 Posts

#1, I'm familiar with that place from the VW forum I moderate on, and we've laughed at that place for months now. Look, if you like it, that's your thing, and I'm not going to tell you NOT to get it. But if you look at the cost of bodykits (at least for a VW) you're looking at about $1500-2000. This guy's developing a kit for you, which is supposed to net you a HUGE discount, and you're getting it for $3000. I dunno, maybe I just like the standard 6 sport kit too much, but I don't think I'd change anything.

And no, I wouldn't take those Shogun kits for free. In my opinion, they're ugly, I wouldn't want them on my car. And leaving my car for 2 months? I'm going to have a huge problem to leave my car for a WEEK when I get my system installed, let alone 2 months at a shop I don't know or trust. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

LOL. i'm not gettin the kit. was just starting a trhead to see wut peeps would do if they had the chance or not. my 6 has got to be fixed cause of those crack heads breakin into her. and that's gonna be 3-4 LONG days when they get the parts in to repair my baby. :(

who else would u guys recommend to develope/produce body kits?

·
Registered
657 Posts

I only wish I knew Jap companies. If I controlled the world, and I could choose a company to develop the 6 kit, though, would be an easy choice. Caractere. Their kit for the Jetta is just amazing. Classy, subtle, and very well designed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts