Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people.

do some of u have the eonon GA9498 with dongle for iphone to use carplay. How is the use and feel of this radio ? Does it work with the steeringwheel controls ? Please let me now your experiance. I use the casca now but this is really bad fm sound and screen. just like my englisch 馃槄.

Registered
Dunno about the steering wheel controls, but if you have Bose, itll be easy to integrate to the amp since the stock radio is line level output, youll just use the RCA outs on the Eonon to send signal to the Bose amp.

Registered
Hi Rikkert83, I have just joined the forum and was looking for posts about the Eonon head-unit. I have just installed one in my 2012 Mazda 6. It works well and you can use the steering wheel controls. Although the phone answer and hang-up buttons do not work, not a big deal. There are wiring options for both the Bose and standard audio systems. It doesn't use the Mazda microphone, so you have to install the one that comes with the unit

I have had an issue with the map display in Android Auto not switching from Day to Night mode when the headlights are turned on. However Eonon have replied to my emails and sent me a fix.

There is a slight buzzing noise when the volume level is low. Probably electrical interference. However it isn't really a problem.

I have the hatchback model and am going to try and install the reversing camera that was included with the head-unit. It is going to be at a low level as the hatch doesn't have an easy spot to put it. Hopefully is will be worth the effort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts