Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up my 07 speed6 used last week and I got a pretty good deal on an extended total care warranty taking me out another 4 years or 100,000 miles. good to go on that. while we were talking they offered an "enviromental" package that sound deaden & rust proof sprays the underside, sealer applaid to the paint, and covers the car from rust for 5 years or 100,000 miles. period if it rusts then they fix it, provided it wasn't caused from a gravel chip or something like that. so the rust around window problems i've heard about would be covered. it also protects the interior from any fading or staining. normal price is $899, I can get it for $399.

thoughts? this is my first "new" car and my first dealing with warranty work.....been driving my 94 ranger (235,000 miles) for many years now and I've always rebuilt it or done any needed work myself so this is new territory for me.

thanks guys.

Link

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
every dealership offers the same package, with different names. ive always seen the underbody stuff peeling off after a few years. no thanks.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Just make sure you're not going to mod the car as Mazda is notorious for voiding warranties for even the slightest mods.

Reactions: XsillyputtyX

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's just a process that dealers offer that is basically pure profit for them. Skip it and do your own detailing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Large Print giveths, the Small Print takeths..

And just how do you prove any Rust spots that do develop was a factory defect (which is all they are warrantying against) and not a paint chip? Regardless of location..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts