Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get english manual with my Mazda6. But it seems like the importer desides what kind of manuals you can get (probably every country prints their own?).

So can anyone get me english manual??? And if you can, how much would that cost?

Really annoying Mazda6 importer we have here in Finland, not willing to co-operate with customers needs at all.

Especially my wife needs the english version, she can't understand finnish so well. And I would like english more also.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'English manual?'

Correction:

All manuals are printed in Japan!??

So why couldn't they get the car with english manual, since those are most likely printed in Japan also!!???

Argh, I hate the importing company in Finland... They have so bad service. :(

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

This is very simple, really.

Tell your dealer: "Monday in two weeks I will come to pick up an english manual here. If you have none for me, then this is the last car you will sell to me. Ever."

Then I'm sure they will bring more effort into the talk to the importer. You can also ask to get it by PDF. The manual is written in a Software called Adobe FrameMaker (I recognize the look...) and that software can produce PDF-files, so I'm quite sure all manuals are available as downloads on some Mazda-dealer network download site...

Put pressure on them. That helps. Too bad only that it's needed.:sarc

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Then I'm sure they will bring more effort into the talk to the importer. You can also ask to get it by PDF. The manual is written in a Software called Adobe FrameMaker (I recognize the look...) and that software can produce PDF-files, so I'm quite sure all manuals are available as downloads on some Mazda-dealer network download site...[/b]
I know all about the softwares...
I will try to put pressure.

There is a problem though, the dealer is very nice and tries hard to please. They have a problem that most other shops are owned by the importing company, but they are not. And since the sales people in "official Mazda shop" were all [email protected]£€$ we went to the shop which had nice dealer etc. Even if we have to pay more delivery cost. But that how well importer is interested to give attention to them is their headache... I might even try to go and see it at the "offical dealer", and threaten that this is my last Mazda etc... And that I will declare all around the country how bad service they had?

But I will try my best... Just that I don't want it in PDF, I want it as book, which could replace the finnish one I have in my glove compartment... But this doesn't have to happen immediately, they can make it happen later...

I will be doing this pressure on them... But what if I want to buy Mazda again later??? There is only two chains selling those here, the official one and then this other one I am using. I will run out of options! :(

Oh well, they don't have to know what I will do... I can always play the same "game" with them, and just threaten that this will be my last Mazda ever (I still have some years to live, even if I look so old!). Even if that might not be true. :sarc

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Originally posted by javah

I wanted to get english manual with my Mazda6. But it seems like the importer desides what kind of manuals you can get (probably every country prints their own?).

So can anyone get me  english manual??? And if you can, how much would that cost?

Really annoying Mazda6 importer we have here in Finland, not willing to co-operate with customers needs at all.

Especially my wife needs the english version, she can't understand finnish so well. And I would like english more also.[/b]
If your wife doesn't speak Finnish that well, what's her mother tongue then?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Originally posted by Driver6

If your wife doesn't speak Finnish that well, what's her mother tongue then?[/b]
English. But like many Singaporeans, she has some chinese language skills etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts