Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think our 2.3Lengine could be fast? how fats can it be? thanks if someones comment i would really apreciated

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
FASTER?

Do you have ANY idea how fast those piston heads are moving to achieve 6700rpm at the crank?

you DID ask how fast the Engine could go!
:nana:

·
Registered
41 Posts
For a chunk of aluminum, yea, it is pretty fast. I mean, it travels at hundreds of kilometers per second. Even went turned off.

Of course, hitching a ride on a planet whipping around a star which itself is screaming about galactic space tends to do that.

Like all things, speed is relative.

Seriously, um, what the heck do you mean by 'is it fast'? A 6i isn't going to win much prize money at the local 1/4 mile. Baring a surprisingly small number of cars, it is faster than most family sedans in history. Did you know the original Mustang (Inline 6) did zero to 60 in 11 seconds? The 6i is faster than that...

·
Registered
310 Posts
For a chunk of aluminum, yea, it is pretty fast. I mean, it travels at hundreds of kilometers per second. Even went turned off.

Of course, hitching a ride on a planet whipping around a star which itself is screaming about galactic space tends to do that.

Like all things, speed is relative.
Seriously, um, what the heck do you mean by 'is it fast'? A 6i isn't going to win much prize money at the local 1/4 mile. Baring a surprisingly small number of cars, it is faster than most family sedans in history. Did you know the original Mustang (Inline 6) did zero to 60 in 11 seconds? The 6i is faster than that...
[/b]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
It depends, are you talking about a 2.3 with an automatic or manual transmission? The manual is noticeably faster than the automatic. Also the 2.3 can be made "fast" with an addition of a turbo kit.

·
Registered
375 Posts
what do you consider fast...
top speed wise i dont think it has much potential...
acceloration wise i think anything in the tens is fast
do i think this motor will do tens... no

but in the real world if you can be consistant in the high 13's on the street you could beat alot of people out there, do i think this car will do high 13's on the street? yes i think it could

1 - 11 of 11 Posts