Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Nice... I haven't been bold enough to tear down for that quite yet. Just wish there was a way to clean up the wiring so it doesn't look so crazy. I put my cover back on after I saw what a cluster of wires there was under there. But I love the bare painted look ya got going. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
for the lazy...

i think it looks sweet man! was it hard to pull off and reinstall? been trying to talk Atom44wat into powdercoating, but that's been what's holding us back. also, now ya gotta do the back one too!

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
gotcha

you paint the manifold, or just a lot of armorall?

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
in all honesty, for pics (and shows) i'd cover the whole bay in the armorall stuff (there's actually an engine dressing bottle stuff for it). because it's so contrasting in the pics it looks chopped. so i'd go grab some of the stuff and spray a buttload on, give it a couple minutes and go wipe off the excess....take some picks of it ALL shiny!!

i just don't think i'll ever like the painted fuse cover and battery tiedown for some reason...seems like it always makes the bay uneven, especially without the engine cover.

but that's me, i'd do gloss black on those pieces (or just polish for events and pics) have the valvecovers and strut bar with the red. then depending on what you are going for, have the front plastic painted body color (like blaezn) and there's a company that makes covers for the overflow tank for the focus (search for degas cover) that might get something going for you guys, then do that red to even out the bay if you want to have the fuse cover red?

just my thoughts on it, but i've had my car every color mix there can be, have 4 body panels with flat black paint on em, 2 colors of piping for my turbo, stickers on one side of my car and 2 different wheels on each side....don't know if i'd listen to me :goon:

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
don't get me wrong, you can tell it's not from all the angles and whatnot, just jumps out like that.

also, no luck on the coolant cover yet, still looking. the one i've seen is from ford racing (on the svt focus i guess) so i'm waiting to see if i can find who makes it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think it looks good for the most part, I'd just try to hit the rear bank with the paint too. Don't go an try to pull off the manifold, just take your brush and hit the parts of the valve cover that sick out from underneath it.

And like MrTea said, I'm not feeling that bright red fuse cover.

But that's just my .02 cents, and sometimes I get change back.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
its different, i like how good it looks, quality paint job.

i also wish the wires werent there, the "clean" look of the cover helps set my mind at piece, but as blazen said if you shine everything up it might look alot better :)

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
If you read all the post you would see that it isnt spray paint. Its a brush on caliper paint. Be shure you know what you are talking about befor you post.
[/b]
Doesn't matter, before painting or plating magnesium alloy with ANY KIND of paint, special cleaning and preperation must be undertaken. If you failed to perform that, I guaran-damn-tee you, it will flake off with time.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK what ever man I was just getting a opinion on how people thought it looked. This was an ok thread untill you put in youre .02 cents. I realy dont care if you "think" it will chip. You should ask instead of asuming that it wasnt done right. I just hate how people turn something potentialy
good into something negetive. "IE paint chiping" thats not the point, let me deal with that. I just wish people would stick with what the threads are about instead picking on little shit just to say something. Please dont take this response the wrong way but this was an opinion thread not a paint chipping issue. :mellow:

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
There is no "think" to it and that is my opinion, this topic has been covered before, which is why MrTea was able to powdercoat his and no V6 owners would do it because the difference in the alloy between the cam cover on the 2.3 and the cam covers on the V6, because it would be a waste of money for something that would look good for a month or two and then start flaking.

In every opinion thread, you have to be able to take constructive criticism from people who have been where you are going, if you can't take it then there is no reason to post an opinion thread.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
12 Participants
ram123
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing