Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'd like to thank everyone for their posts about disassembling the dash and installation device for satellite radios. It was very helpful when installing my Sirius unit. I also purchased the RPM Audio Link module to avoid having to deal with the FM modulator. I'm very happy with the Audio Link, but now I am noticing a hum from the engine that is coming thru the speakers when listening to the satellite radio.

I have the non-Bose stereo system and have only read threads on line noise for the Bose system. I have the Audio Link installed just forward of the shifter near the accessory power. Could this be an issue with my wire placements? Or is there some sort of filter I need to install to get rid of the whine?

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
It's called a Ground Loop Isolator. That will eliminate engine whine. I had the same problem with the Syflex Auxmod.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
it has to do with the grounding of the radio & the source of power for the Sat Radio receiver.

MZ is right, spend the $20 on a ground loop isolator (inline noise filter) and call it a day.

if you're trying to save the dough, try moving the source of power and ground for the Sat Radio.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will the IN-LINE TOROIDAL ALTERNATOR NOISE FILTER – 30 AMP N-25 from David Navone work? Where does that install; between the power supply and the car?

Thanks

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts