605 Posts
The only option I know of is Twisted Tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Know if anyone who used it or used it, any reviews on it? Their website is pretty lacking in information and gains from their tunes
I tried to reach out to them a few months back and haven't gotten a response back as of yet.

From what I've seen, the 03-05 ECU is on lockdown. You can't get into it. The 06-08 might be able to be tuned. I have also heard that you can have a 06-08 ECU vin flashed to a later year. If that is the case it would be worth looking into however, we are still not sure if we can even still get tunes or whatever.

Personally, I'm over it. It's been too much trouble trying to find tuning and the supporting mods that go along with it. Just enjoy the car as is, toss on a CAI and some new mounts and call it good. The money one would have to spend to do tuning , vin flash, etc, could be used towards a different platform swapped into the 6 that already has all sorts of support.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 03 but the cost of even forged positions are out of this world for no hp gain. Not to mention that even Mazda has discontinued a lot of parts for the 1st gen. Some of the things they have discontinued are major parts of the car smh.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Know if anyone who used it or used it, any reviews on it? Their website is pretty lacking in information and gains from their tunes
I tried to reach out to them a few months back and haven't gotten a response back as of yet.

From what I've seen, the 03-05 ECU is on lockdown. You can't get into it. The 06-08 might be able to be tuned. I have also heard that you can have a 06-08 ECU vin flashed to a later year. If that is the case it would be worth looking into however, we are still not sure if we can even still get tunes or whatever.

Personally, I'm over it. It's been too much trouble trying to find tuning and the supporting mods that go along with it. Just enjoy the car as is, toss on a CAI and some new mounts and call it good. The money one would have to spend to do tuning , vin flash, etc, could be used towards a different platform swapped into the 6 that already has all sorts of support.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 03 but the cost of even forged positions are out of this world for no hp gain. Not to mention that even Mazda has discontinued a lot of parts for the 1st gen. Some of the things they have discontinued are major parts of the car smh.

You said mounts , do you mean like better now motor mounts? If so I heard the awr ones are decent , but are they worth buying ?

·
Registered
489 Posts
You said mounts , do you mean like better now motor mounts? If so I heard the awr ones are decent , but are they worth buying ?
Lol, if you read my signature you'll see that I have 2 of 3 currently installed with the 3rd about to go on when I flush my transmission. The fact that we can replace the rubber inserts for way cheaper than a whole new mount make it worth it in the long run. The engine mount and dog bone alone are nice are their own. No more worries about the oil filled mount blowing out if you drive hard as I tend to do.

IF you plan on keeping the car for the long haul, yes 100% worth it.

IF this is a fly by night vehicle that one may not want to keep then maybe not so much.

It all depends on what one is willing to spend and how long they intend to keep the car. For me, I'm in it for the long run.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lol, if you read my signature you'll see that I have 2 of 3 currently installed with the 3rd about to go on when I flush my transmission. The fact that we can replace the rubber inserts for way cheaper than a whole new mount make it worth it in the long run. The engine mount and dog bone alone are nice are their own. No more worries about the oil filled mount blowing out if you drive hard as I tend to do.

IF you plan on keeping the car for the long haul, yes 100% worth it.

IF this is a fly by night vehicle that one may not want to keep then maybe not so much.

It all depends on what one is willing to spend and how long they intend to keep the car. For me, I'm in it for the long run.

Do you notice a difference with them over the stock mounts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes for mine. I went with the 88 durometer. The car will vibrate more with them on but it's nothing that I haven't dealt with before.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well yeah but I mean besides that
I'm not exactly sure of what you are asking. They work just as they should and I notice that they work. There is less powertrain rock, better engine braking, more vibrations due to less dampening, etc.....

Here is a good read on the different effects of different mounts work in any vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts