Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am just posting this in the Newbie section as I'm sure it's a newbie question. I tried to look to see if it has been asked before. Didn't find anything. Then again I didn't do like a THOUROUGH search. Jus ta basic skim through everything.

Anyways. Has anyone thaught of doing this or done this? Transplant an engine from another car in to our 6. say a 4g63t engine or something already turbo'd? Or even dropped the 3.0l from the 6s. in place of their 2.3l? (around here anways, HIt the junk yard, you can get the ECU and engine and anything else internal you'd need for under $200 if you can find a wrecked 6)

I was just curious to know if it was even possible to transplant something in to our 6's. Hell you can get a 4g63 for cheap as hell almost anywhere. Then work from there on the forced Induction.

Not anything I would do. Just curious to know if anyones tried it. or if it's impossible or what?. or to drop a slightly larger engine, more powerfull v6 FI or whatever.

I don't know a whole lot about this stuff. I watched a show where they dropped a larger engine in to another car on tv (I do not remember the details of what cars and what engines as it's been a few weeks since I seen it I do know it was just a normal import though.). it gave the car like almost 300hp. but it started making me think of if something like that could be done with our cars?

Granted I know the 4g63 wouldn't be the best option as it is what 180-190hp if your lucky on the first gen DSM's. and our cars weigh MUCH more then they do I am sure. Just some stuff in general I was thinking about though. and wanted some answers on. or details.

It'd be pretty sweet to drop in an already supercharged v6 in to our cars or something. (I am sure with the amount it'd cost it'd not be worth it. But cool idea anyways). Something you won't see in probably any other 6. Even rarer then Forced Induction on our 2.3's (not counting the speed)

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Your best bet would be to run a complete engine management system like haltech and then yes, it could be done with A LOT of work. New motor mounts, tranny, the whole 9 yards

·
Registered
922 Posts
the 6 bolt 4g63's (1st Gen) were rated at 195hp and the same torque i think... not bad for 15 years ago... drop one of those in a dodge colt and have a great time....

the 2.3 to 3.0 would be the easiest.. but still a bitch...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You could always go with fordman's much talked about Noble swap. :yesnod:

Thats probably the most logical upgrade in engine for the V6 owners.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
If you wanna drop a different engine in, might as well go with the biggest (most hp) one that will fit, probably a nice v8.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Isn't the Duratec35 supposed to fit everything the 30 fits in?

·
Registered
922 Posts
i think the 3.5 would drop in, but how about the tranny, isn't it new for the 3.5?? it would be good if it mated to the 6sp ATX and the 5sp MTX

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I dunno. I'm a mech-tard. I just read that somewhere and figured it'd be a good fit, though you'd need a new ECU. I wouldn't mind 265hp one little bit!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, one thing I was thinking. My warrenty is almost up. It's almost winter. It gives me good time to just buy some shit junker for the winter and lock my car up at my gf's parents in there unused garage. Then try to find a totaled 6s at the junk yard to strip the engine and everything I need out of it.

I have the 2.3 so I wasn't sure if you could do that since I am surprised I havn't seen any of the hardcore members like Mr Tea or anyone swap to larger engines. or a different engine all together with more power tha tis already forced induction.

Then I started thinking, Maybe there is a reason non of these hardcore members that have spent shitloads making there cars fast have done it, Maybe it can't be done with our cars. So I figured what the hell. I'll give it a shot and ask...

It'd be nice to drop something larger and Supercharged in to the car.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i just think it's funny that the most modded cars (2.3l) here are all atx

lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts