Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here and have questions.. So, I have a 03 Mazda 6s.. The engine dumped out on me this past weekend and wanna know what is the best route to take.. Rebuild the engine or buy new engine.. If I buy new what would be the best to put in w/o to much trouble.. Stick with the 3.0 and mod it a little or can I put a larger v6 in ??

·
Registered
647 Posts
As already stated, it's hard for a straight swap without a lot of work. Unfortunately the 03-05 ECUs are on lockdown. At 1 time there was someone that was able to crack and tune 06+ but I'm not even sure if this is even offered anymore.

Now there is a swap that I was looking at doing but decided to use something different but it's going to require an entire rewire and even then I didn't look into seeing if the pats can be deleted from the donor vehicle. The supercharged 3800 from many early 2000s Chevys look like they could fit and they are FWD (05 Monte Carlo SS for sure) and they sit in the engine bay the same way as our Duratec30s do. Clearance may be an issue but if already doing all that work then might as well mod the hood too :LOL:.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts