Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys !! Here for help. I got a 2008 Mazda 6 2.3 4cyl Dohc vvt and I wanted to swap it for the turbocharged engine that comes in the mazdaspeed 6 and just wanted to see if it can be done and what I will need to make that work

·
Registered
653 Posts
What’s up guys !! Here for help. I got a 2008 Mazda 6 2.3 4cyl Dohc vvt and I wanted to swap it for the turbocharged engine that comes in the mazdaspeed 6 and just wanted to see if it can be done and what I will need to make that work
Normally I am all down for engine swaps, this one I would say no to. If you have an auto, more work would be needed than what it's worth. If you have a manual then maybe but even then I'd still say that it's not worth it. You would be better off buying a speed6 than changing the I4 for an I4t. It might be a little better to look into an ecoboost swap but even then with the amount of time and money to do it one could just buy a running speed6 or even one that needs some love. I've been seeing speed6s range from 1500 to 8k depending whats wrong with them or not wrong with them lol.

·
Registered
653 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts