Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with the idea of swapping a certain kind of engine into an MS6, with the main goal of keeping the AWD. I'd 100% need to run a standalone for the motor, but is the AWD system on a separate control module? My experience is mainly with 80s/90s Japanese shitboxes, so I'm not very familiar with the CAN systems and how they'd respond to suddenly having "no engine". Has anyone ever done an engine swap or know of someone who has?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I highly doubt anyone has. Its my undertstanding the clutch diff is speed/slip dependent with the ABS system. Front wheels slip or theres a certain amount of acceleration (40% iirc?) and the rear diff gets locked in. Id contact a tuner and see if theres code in the ECU for that, but im gonna guess it may be a BCM in concert as well. But yea, i prefer the simplicity of the DSM setup, its all mechanical and works every damn time.

·
Super Moderator
17,309 Posts
@TalonTsi90 this is a very weird new spam "technique" we're seeing.

This IP has created 5 accounts in a week, each account has only posted 1 thing, then edited it a few days later to add some spam links to the OP - nothing more. That other thread you replied to got me on the trail of this one and a few others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts