Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the CP-E CAI about 6,000 miles ago over the summer. My car had been running great with no problems. Now that the temperature has been getting colder outside (35 F and colder) when I go to start my car in teh morning it revs upto 2000 RPMs for a few seconds then slowly fades to a stall. This happens three or four times if I dont hold the RPMs to 2500. Then when i finally get going the car violently stutters through first and second gear during very slow acceleration until it warms up a little. I figured the problem was a temperature sensor or something so I took into Mazda to get fixed yesterday. Of course yesterday would be a nice day out and the mechanic couldn't recreate the issue. We left it there overnight but it was still a little too warm out and they couldn't recreate the stalling in the morning but they did experience the stuttering. Mazda says its the Cold Air intake causing the problem since they plugged it into their computer and no codes were produced.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem of stalling and if anyone has any alternative ideas as to what could be causing the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts