Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just got my car back from the dealer and after driving it off the freeway....it does the usual rev from idle rpm 750rpm to about 1.2k rpm...it does that cuz of the cp-e intake gettin extra air cuz i have the grill insert replaced so air can get it easier... ok so yeah...

but today i noticed something... it reved under the idle rpm...to about 300-400 rpm...i was like wtf... then all of a sudden the battery light came on and check engine and then my car stalled... so i restarted the car and no lights are on... so im like.. hummm... then after driving on the freeway again and putting my car in neutral...it does the reving again..but again goes under the idle rpm...to about 300-400rpm...and dies....stalls...wutever... so i have no powersteering to turn or anything.. this time the check engine light only came on... so wtf is going on...can someone help me??

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If you have air being pushed into the intake that can be the problem. A few people have tried this and had problems. Otherwise I would check all your connections for your new intake and start there.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Check your connections. Make sure they are tight. I've had it happen to me before as well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i checked the connections on the cp-e (btw i've had the cpe for about a year now and this never happeend) and nothing is loose...i checked the maf sensor made sure it wasnt dirty or ne thing... and it still happend...

so i needed gas so i put in some FP in the tank w/ a full tank of gas....it stalls no more.... could it been the fuel in the tank that caused that.... im wodering if there was like water or moisture in the tank to cause the staling.. could that be???

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
ok so i checked the connections on the cp-e (btw i've had the cpe for about a year now and this never happeend) and nothing is loose...i checked the maf sensor made sure it wasnt dirty or ne thing... and it still happend...

so i needed gas so i put in some FP in the tank w/ a full tank of gas....it stalls no more.... could it been the fuel in the tank that caused that.... im wodering if there was like water or moisture in the tank to cause the staling.. could that be???
[/b]
I've had my CP-E intake for over a year as well before the problem's (stalling) and CEL's started to occur.

Bad gas could cause it as well. You didn't get any CEL before it stalled?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
make sure you tighten the connector onto the ecu properly, and scan your Check engine light. report back code(s).

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Pardon me for bein a dumbass and slighty toasted, but WTF is FP? :headscrat: It sounds like you checked the likely suspects and got a fresh tank of gas which seems to have helped. If you can get the ECU scanned for pending faults (Faults with no CEL) it may give you some ideas where the problem was. Other than that, I guess I would wiggle all the electrical/ignition connections and keep an eye on the guages for any out of the ordinary conditions.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
this used to happen with my 6s and cp-e, car would stall out on highway. i got so fed up, i sold the cp-e and got a speed6. unfortunately my experience with cp-e was bad from the beginning to the end. hopefully your issue works itself out without causing permanent damage.

·
Registered
156 Posts

[/b]

I have the same setup (cp-e, foglights with the air vents, cleaned my MAF sensor and filter, added a fuel-injector cleaner). Did you solder the cp-e connections or use those connectors they provided? I had the idle problems and just changed my throttle body because of it. Haven't been able to drive much as I need new CV axles because my boot s have a rip. So I'm not sure yet if it cured the issue. It is idling better and consistently though in my limited driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts