Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought an '06 6s about a month ago and i heard an odd noise as well. at low RPM's in 1-3 gears, i heard a constant clicking in the engine. i brought it in under warranty and they said they couldn't hear it/nothing wrong. i have owned a lot of cars and i don't believe it to be normal. 2ndly...i was doing about 20mph in manual-mode 2nd, and the engine just cut off...battery stayed on, engine stalled...brought it in for that...couldn't duplicate problem. i like the car, but am really worried about it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
i bought an '06 6s about a month ago and i heard an odd noise as well. at low RPM's in 1-3 gears, i heard a constant clicking in the engine. i brought it in under warranty and they said they couldn't hear it/nothing wrong. i have owned a lot of cars and i don't believe it to be normal. 2ndly...i was doing about 20mph in manual-mode 2nd, and the engine just cut off...battery stayed on, engine stalled...brought it in for that...couldn't duplicate problem. i like the car, but am really worried about it.[/b]
How low do the RPM's dip? And do the Stall lights come on? Like the oil lights and such on the dashboard.

If you somehow let the RPM's dip low enough, your engine can stall.

The clicking is nothing to worry about. Its normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought an '06 6s about a month ago and i heard an odd noise as well. at low RPM's in 1-3 gears, i heard a constant clicking in the engine. i brought it in under warranty and they said they couldn't hear it/nothing wrong. i have owned a lot of cars and i don't believe it to be normal. 2ndly...i was doing about 20mph in manual-mode 2nd, and the engine just cut off...battery stayed on, engine stalled...brought it in for that...couldn't duplicate problem. i like the car, but am really worried about it.[/b]
it has only happened one time, and i didn't notice the RPM's. it is an automatic (with manual mode) and i was in the manual mode. it idles at around 500-750 RPMS's, but i was in 2nd gear going about 25 when it happened...so i don't think the RPM's were too low. Maybe just a freak occurence.

·
Registered
867 Posts
It is possible to stall while driving such as being in a gear to high for the engine to work at.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Alright kinda weird, but this was exactly my problem, good news: i got it fixed, and here's how. Your problem which includes stalling and the clicking noise, is by far from normal, it's a faulty throttle body. Bring your car into the dealership and have them inspect the throttle body, there's also a service bulletin out there somewhere concerning this problem, I had them search it up and replace my throttle body, which they did. Basically you can take a look at your throttle body yourself, and see that there are two letters in its line of serial code, which could be "AA," "AB," or "BB." I forgot which ones are the faulty ones, and which one is the good one, but the dealerships are advised to replace the faulty throttle bodies if they do have a problem, and mine certainly did cuz I stalled out 3 times. Not to worry i've shared the same problem and gotten through it, and btw idle that dips down to 500 rpm is not normal at all, it should be a steady 700 rpm w/o the a/c or heater on and w/o the radiator fan spinning.

alright i guess im in a generous mood, i searched and heres the tsb. good luck w/ your problem, and if you dealership gives you any guff about not being able to read the stall code in the car's computer, fuck em, tell them to have the throttle body replaced like north america mazda operations told them to do.

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda6/docs/0043.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
My daughters 2006 Mazda 6S stalled on the highway! Very frightening for her. I tried to open your document about the faulty throttle body but it wouldn't open. May I please have a copy if you wouldn't mind?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts