Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all, this is my first post but have been lurking since I bought my 6 last year. It is a 2005 6s ATX. Anyway I have had no problems until a couple of day ago. I was heading home and turning at a stop light, when I gave it gas and there was no revving when I stepped on the gas. The car stayed on and in D, but no acceleration. I stopped and turned the car off and cranked it back on, and get a CEL. It was after midnight and I do not have the equipment to check the CEL. So the next morning the CEL is on and I go to work. During my break I head to the get the CEL checked and there is no more light. Car has been running fine, but is there a way for me to still see what code was causing that CEL? Just wondering if anyone has had this problem. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The CEL's are stored in the system until you remove the battery. The equiptment at autozone/CSK auto/Pepboys is not CAN compatible and therefore will not be able to read your codes.

Post up where you are located and maybe someone in the area has the autoengunity scanner, or you will have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hey there all, this is my first post but have been lurking since I bought my 6 last year. It is a 2005 6s ATX. Anyway I have had no problems until a couple of day ago. I was heading home and turning at a stop light, when I gave it gas and there was no revving when I stepped on the gas. The car stayed on and in D, but no acceleration. I stopped and turned the car off and cranked it back on, and get a CEL. It was after midnight and I do not have the equipment to check the CEL. So the next morning the CEL is on and I go to work. During my break I head to the get the CEL checked and there is no more light. Car has been running fine, but is there a way for me to still see what code was causing that CEL? Just wondering if anyone has had this problem. Sorry for the long post.
[/b]
Go to Rosenthal Mazda and look at the Recall Info under the Mazda6 area....
They have alot of INFO and SB's listed....
This may help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
randyz
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing