Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the 2.3L engine sound when you drive with your windows up it sounds weird.. when u drive with ur windows up is not quiet? i just want to know because i dont like the sound that it makes when i have the windows up and i just want to know if it is just my mazda 2.3l... thanks for the replies and i have a 2004 mazda6i hatchback

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I'm very confused here... so you're saying your 6i makes a weird sound when you drive with the windows up is that it? What kind of sound does it make? I doubt there is any sound it would make engine-wise that depends on the windows. Please elaborate?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
OP - would you consider rephrasing your question ... in English? :)

Sorry - had to take a dig there!

I f you're asking whether/why the idle from a 6i engine is rough at startup (especially on cold days) - that's a 'feature' of inline-four cylinder engines. As long as it smoothens out afterwards (roughly by the time the temeprature gauge rises to normal operating levels - halfway) with no valve (tapping/ticking) noise, you should be OK. Using synthetic oil minimizes this (pseudo-)'problem'

If you're saying the top of your windows vibrates when you lower the windows just a teensy-weensy bit, that's relatively normal too, but I'd keep an eye (or ear) on it lest it get louder and your window raising/lowering mechanism or regulator fails (a la every VW Jetta ever made!)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Yea those crazy new fangled combustion engines will make noises. But it's still better than my last mode of transportation. It kept leaving road apples all over the place.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yea those crazy new fangled combustion engines will make noises. But it's still better than my last mode of transportation. It kept leaving road apples all over the place.
[/b]
ROTFLMFAOMARIO!

·
Registered
641 Posts
The 6i sedan has the best 4 cylinder sound, EVER! Its smooth, quiet when cruising, and when you get on it it sounds more like a racecar! Best of all, no buzz or especially angry bees & farts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts