Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drive an 06 ms6 gt with just over 4000 miles on it. Engine service light just came on yesterday. Any info would be appreciated. Taking it in to the dealer will be a huge pia!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Autozone will scan it for free.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
check your gas cap.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thats what they told me to do, though I never do anything different when pumping gas. always put it on until it clicks every time. Light has come on about3 or 4 times now within th elast 2 weeks or so. ITs off at the moment, though only time it will come one seems ot be when its really cold out and i start driving when the needle starts to move.

oh well, I dont car that much, drives fine.

R

·
0 Posts
Thats what they told me to do, though I never do anything different when pumping gas. always put it on until it clicks every time. Light has come on about3 or 4 times now within th elast 2 weeks or so. ITs off at the moment, though only time it will come one seems ot be when its really cold out and i start driving when the needle starts to move.

oh well, I dont car that much, drives fine.
[/b]
Mine is doing exactly that. Went to the dealer and said the engine purge valve was sticking. New ones are on back order for......a month! I wonder if this is a common thing that is due to poor engineering and hence they are out of stock and backordered.

It's just an emission thing so I am driving it anyway til the part gets here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts