Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,
On my 05M6i, at a stop the engine revs up and down between 750 and 1,000 rpm. Stop and go traffic, no change if engine is warm or not. Any suggestions? Is something stuck? Scr is bone stock and in good condition, just started this morning...
Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Good Morning,
On my 05M6i, at a stop the engine revs up and down between 750 and 1,000 rpm. Stop and go traffic, no change if engine is warm or not. Any suggestions? Is something stuck? Scr is bone stock and in good condition, just started this morning...
Thank you
Have you checked for vac leaks yet? Is it throwing a check engine light?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I checked for vacuum leaks with a spray, none detected. No check engine light on.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Yes, I checked for vacuum leaks with a spray, none detected. No check engine light on.
Thank you
How many miles? When was the last time you had the cops and spark plug replaced?

It could also be a bad pcv or purge canister

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Fallen!
On your note above you say cops but I'm not sure to what you're referring? By the way the revving went away as the weather got warmer? On the spark plugs I don't have a record so I guess its best to replace plugs and wires? Suggestions on which plugs and wires? I will also check the PCV. Please tell me more about the purge canister?
thank you

·
Registered
40 Posts
That car shouldn't have wires if I recall correctly. You should have coil packs on the plugs. New plugs will help, and probably clean the throttle body and new air filter won't hurt either. If it is still happening, then have it put on a scanner, could be the MAF sensor on the intake.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
My money is on the upstream 02 sensor or the Throttle body. You can check the upstream 02 by unplugging it. The plug is underneath the car near the driverside door. It's easy to follow the wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts