Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could write up a quick how to on engine removal for the speed6.

I have always worked on rwd (4wd)based setup and never fwd (awd)based setup.

I have all wiring hoses and everything else i can think of disconnected. Now im at the point where i need to pull the motor out.... do I need to pull off the tranny or pull motor and tranny together? If i need to pull the tranny what is the best way to do this. I will be removing the engine from the top of the car.

Any other helpful advice would be great. Thanks Joe

·
Registered
4,099 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Over on mazdaspeedforums.org, there is a guy qtrmile beast. He has taken out a bunch of speed6 engines. If you ask nicely, he may help you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow im really surprised with all the blown motors that everyone has replaced i haven't received a decent response yet. I know a few people that have replaced these motors and i will try to get into contact with them, just figured this would be much quicker. As for me doing a write up im a little too far along for a detailed one but i may be able to do one for the remaining removal if someone can give me a little guidance lol.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Over on mazdaspeedforums.org, there is a guy qtrmile beast. He has taken out a bunch of speed6 engines. If you ask nicely, he may help you.
LOL that would be me!!!!!

here you go

Mazdaspeed Forums still adding pics as well and if you have any questions post them!!

Heres my thread of the car that i am build for a customer now. I need to add the updated pics and info to this as soon as i get a chance!!!

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspeed6/238000-another-build-thread-works.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts