Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fyi, I've got a 6s w/ 1500 miles and my coil is out, causing one of my cylinders to miss. Nothing to read into, yet, I just thought we should all be aware of any problems with our first year vehicle.

kev

***UPDATE***

Well, I have been utterly dissapointed with the service (or lack there of) from Mazda. My car was to be ready Monday 12/30. After not hearing from the dealer @ 3:00, I called to check the status. I was then told that the part was on back order from mazda. When I asked about an ETA they had NO IDEA!!! Nothing, not even a guess. I immediatly called mazda customer relations and they could do nothing either.

I've been real cool about this whole thing. I am readily able to accept the bad ignition coil as a fluke. But what I cannot accept is customer service from mazda/dealer being completely fine with not having any idea of when I'm getting my car back.

The whole line about the loaner car is a joke too. To quote from mazda . . .

"Take your car in for warranty work at a participating Mazda dealership, and you can get a loaner car at no charge. Just ask. You won't have to arrange your day around a repair schedule, ask friends for rides, or catch up on your magazine reading while you wait."

When I finally got my loaner (late monday evening, 3 days after bringing my car in) I had to call mazda, the dealer and even had to call the rental company myself. They told me if I could get there in fifteen minutes (they were closing) they could get me a loaner. I'm no rocket scientist, but if I had means to transport myself from one point to another I WOULDN'T NEED A LOANER MUCH LESS THE 6!!! So, at that point they suggested that I call the rental agency and make my own arrangements and that "mazda should take care of it".

So, I sit here now with no 6. My rental Taurus gets me to work. We'll see how much was charged to my credit card for it. According to mazda, my part will be in "early next week." I have little faith in any of their promises.

For those of you who can't understand why I'm so upset, I've had the car since 12/9. I put the car in the shop on 12/27. Best case scenerio has my car back on 1/8. Again, no rocket scientry here, 40% of the time I've had the car it was in the shop. And to make matters worse, I now owe my first payment. Oh the irony!

Thanks for listening to me vent. If any of you out there have or know upper level contacts at mazda, I would love to let them in on my experience. Let me know.

kev

·
Registered
56 Posts
Replying to Topic 'engine problems'

hmm...the coil went out in my Subaru Impreza with 25k on it...maybe just a fluke?

Kyle

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Well, there always are problems with cars. Pick ANY car, no matter if it's late or early in the model's life...and ask a few owners and you'll see: there are always problems happening. Big or small ones.

The question is only: how well do they take care of your problem?

·
Registered
21 Posts

Yep, take for instance the new BMW M3. Their engines are blowing left and right. Inside word is bad crank bearings. BMW just extended the warrantee on the M3 engines.

To be honest though, looking at all the components in a modern car, all the suppliers, etc., it's amazing at how good the quality really is.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Originally posted by kevgray

Just fyi, I've got a 6s w/ 1500 miles and my coil is out, causing one of my cylinders to miss. Nothing to read into, yet, I just thought we should all be aware of any problems with our first year vehicle.

kev[/b]
is your one the V6 or I4 ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

So far, my biggest problem has been with the local dealer. (not my dealer BTW) They seem to be a "mom and pop" type of operation as they carry about 20 or so mazdas along with jeep and chrysler. This is why I didn't buy from them but with my engine light on and the car idling badly I didn't want to risk driving the 100 miles to my dealer.

Upon arrival I was told i could not get a loaner car because they did not participate in that program. After speaking with mazda and mazda speaking with them I was suddenly eligible. Then I was told that mazda would only pay $26/day and the cheapest rental around was $30. I would have to pay the difference. To make a long story short, a few more calls to mazda and I have my own personal mazda representative ;-).

So, as it stands right now the part I need is being overnighted from California and even if it doesn't arrive in time they'll pull the part from one of the two 6's they get tommorow.

we'll see,

kev

·
Registered
146 Posts

In the end it is all about service; the mechanical parts are just that. The Mazda's have always used good components IMHO.

·
Registered
468 Posts

interesting. i have 3700+ miles on my 6s and have no problems as of yet. hopefully none for a long time!

·
Registered
510 Posts

Sorry to read about your story Kev ....

I had my drivers electric window fail on me, & they initially said it would be fixed in a couple of days, which I was happy with, later when the dealership told me , the part wasn't even in the country (Australia); I started to get Pissed off !

So , what I did was write a letter of complaint & faxed it too Mazda HQ in Australia, I got results the next day, The part had "magically" turned up.......& problem was fixed ....

So what I am saying is maybe write a letter of complaint & send it to your Mazda HQ office, they normally have telephone & fax numbers somewhere on Your countries Website for Mazda, Hoping this helps .......

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I understand your frustration! And having car trouble during the holidays doesn't give the best chance of having it fixed quickly...

Demand compensation from your dealer. One free service, that cost them little but is of value to you. Tell them you don't accept no being notified in time, and that you do not accept them not being able to give you an answer on time.

Tell them hard: either compensate me, or I'll never ever buy a vehicle from you again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

There in lies the problem. This is not my dealer. My check engine light came on and I could either drive 5 miles to the local dealer or 100 miles to "mine".

Lesson learned. If I have any other problems I will insist that mazda tow it to my dealer.

kev

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Oh my... But perhaps you should call your dealer and have them put some pressure on their colleagues??

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

It's really to bad that a part that should be fairly readily available, a new model that has just been produced,would be backordered. :sarc

M

·
0 Posts
Reading Topic: engine problems

i had a bad experince with my mazda dealer to. my 6s passanger door handle was dameaged on delivery and the told me they would oreder on for me..i went back a week later and the said it was on it's way..i went back yesterday..a month later and they said it was never order..so i had to order it my self..if was ticked....i told of the sales person manager and i am going to talk to the owner of the dealership tommarrow..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'engine problems'

hmmm....

Maybe Mazda is using Nissan coil packs. hehehe

Because a ton of 3.0 Maxima's had bad coil packs in 2000 (first year car). THere was even an open TSB (Technical Service Bulletin, not sure what Mazda calls them) to replace them if/when owners had problems.

Anyways, hope this all works out. Mazda service seems to be a bit better than Nissan at least :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'engine problems'

So far I have yet to have a single problem with my car, but that may be because I have had it less than a week. Mazda service does worry me however, because even though I live in a rather large city, all the Mazda dealerships seem to be the most run-down dealerships of all the ones to pick from. I previously had a Toyota 4Runner, and I will admit the entire time I had it, I recieved almost the best customer service money can buy. My only gripe was it once took them 5hrs to replace a power antenna, but other than that, I have no complaints. Their service alone made me want to purchase another vehicle from them....now if their design department was as good as their service I'd probably be posting this on a Toyota forum right now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts