Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have new 2006 Mazda 6 with 8000 km on it and so far it not going so well, some times it drives nice and smooth and other times it’s just sloppy. When I’m on the highway trying to do 100 km/h, its get stuck on 80 km/h, I have to punch hard on the gas to get it going. While I’m idling in traffic and I step on the gas it sometimes feels like I got rear ending the engine would just startup bad. Has anyone else had these problems…?

P.S. Thinking of trade it in for a used 05 RSX good or bad?

·
Registered
979 Posts
You are gonna take a bath in your trade in.... Have yo taken it to the dealer to see if they can duplicate the problem then fix it?

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
There is supposed to be a TCM updating upcoming for the 5spd ATX in the 6i's. I don't know if its yet available. You can try contacting your dealership and asking if the mazda tech line has mentioned any transmission updates.

If this behavior continues (and gets worse), it could be indicative of a bad or damaged transmission which will need to be serviced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing