Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. I own a 2006 Mazda3. Recently, I have noticed that the engine is overheating. I have shown it with a car care center Service Plus in Toronto and they said that the coolant level is low and there is coolant leakage too. The issue is with head gasket and they suggested to replace it. Does any one here ever experienced such a problem? How does the coolant leakage occur? How we have to care for this?

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
I don't know if the Mazda 3 had the same issues as the 6, but the 6 has a little plastic "T" connector for the coolant that is VERY prone to breaking over time. You could be losing coolant from there for sure. It's a simple fix but can cause a lot of problems if you don't take care of it - overheating engines are never good.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
If you're losing coolant through a bad head gasket, you're going to have other problems as well. If you aren't comfortable doing it yourself, get another opinion.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
GerryB
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing