Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other engine mounts for mazda6, or CPE is the only one making it for my car?
If so, what comes in the set from CPE? Is it only the engine mounts or trans too?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
AWR makes one for the Mazda6 too. As for who's is better, I'm gonna have to say CPE.
No question about it.

---Aloha

·
Registered
886 Posts
Are there any other engine mounts for mazda6, or CPE is the only one making it for my car?
If so, what comes in the set from CPE? Is it only the engine mounts or trans too?
[/b]

The engine mount kit comes with a billet engine mount, and any accessories you may need to mount it.

Jordan

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
sort of an old thread, but it fits. any plans on making the other mounts, or just the wishbone for now?

·
Registered
886 Posts
sort of an old thread, but it fits. any plans on making the other mounts, or just the wishbone for now?[/b]

As far as I'm aware, we don't have any immediate plans for any new mounts. We're open to suggestions however, so if you have any cool ideas feel free to post them up. :)

Jordan

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well i know some guys were talking about engine mounts and tranny mounts. Mr. Tea showed some pics of a engine mount done by the mazda3 guys that goes on top of the motor. Would be interesting to see the perks of this. Been told it helps out with keeping motor from rocking under throttle

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
AWR makes one for the Mazda6 too. As for who's is better, I'm gonna have to say CPE.
No question about it.

---Aloha[/b]
+...? I think I'm much more than just +1, I would be more like +1001 of the people that would agree!

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
the one i posted as a engine damper, not a mount. would be a nice addition as well, but not sure if it would be a big money maker? though there was a lot of interest from the guys that tried and failed....perhaps a company like cp-e could make a more reliable unit?

i'm mostly worried (on my 2.3) about my passeger side mount, as i know 2 guys have blown theres boosting so far. i've got the other 2 changed already, so that's my last one.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
can you guys please please make a triangle bracket for the 06+ models... ?????????????????

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
can you guys please please make a triangle bracket for the 06+ models... ?????????????????[/b]
They already did, for at least 2 months now I think. I thought I posted this on the forums already, so it should have popped up in a search. If not, I apologize.

I've been speaking to CP-E about this since January of this year since their engine mount couldn't be installed completely on my '07 due to triangle bracket changes. We managed to schedule a time to have my car back there in May I think so they ccould take measurements of the triangle bracket. A few weeks later I came in to do a test fitting of their solution and it worked, so now I have the engine mount and bracket installed properly on my car and I love it.

They said to give them a few weeks and they will begin offering the bracket pieces with their mount. For existing owners or if you want to be sure you get the correct pieces with the mount, either call them or PM them. But again, they do have the right pieces now to mount the engine mount and bracket to '06 and '07 models properly.
:seeya:
Paul

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
thanks for the info... so if i call them up can they send me a triangle bracket and another spacer, i already have the mount but its just been there i have been waiting for them to make the bracket and its finnally done

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Yeah, just contact them and they should be able to work something out for you. They are very good at keeping their customers happy.

Paul

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thanks so much for helping keep people updated Paul, you're a real asset to this community :dmetal:

Paul is exactly right in that we finally have the '06-'07 engine mount brackets in stock! I guess there are two affected camps here: The first are folks who were waiting to buy an engine mount until we got this bracket situation under control. You gyus are more than welcome to order your mounts on our website, and they'll be shipped with the proper bracket to install onto your vehicle. The second camp are folks who have a mount, but don't yet have the correct bracket. If you fall into this category, please call us and let us know that you need an updated bracket for your mount and, we'll send one out immediately.

Thanks for everyone's patience while we dealt with this 'Mazda trickery' :wavey:

Jordan

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
For the record, I think a full set of engine mounts would be a great and relatively simple product for cp-e to make.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
IIRC, someone had a problem where the stiffer engine mount put more stress on another mount and it started to wear faster. Can anyone confirm if I recall correctly?

Noob Question: How many engine mounts are there and is it basically the same designs?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I read somewhere that one of guys on here who has the CP-E engine mount noticed that his other mounts (2 I believe since engine is mounted pendulum style) were starting to show signs of slight cracking on the outer parts of the mounts. But he also said that despite the cracking, they don't appear to have any other form of wear and are working fine. He was going to keep his eye on them. I think he's had his mount on for more than a year and had his car for a few years prior to the install. So it COULD be from the CP-E mount or it COULD be from normal wear and tear and spirited driving, it's not conclusive.

I agree, though, that I think it would be nice to have either a stiffer and/or higher quality mount replacements for the other stock mounts so as to instill confidence in their durability from spirited driving. Of course, I can imagine that replacing those would be a pain in the ass as a do it yourself at home project. :p
:seeya:
Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts