Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, any chance of making the sweet CPE engine mount work for the 6i? I read somewhere awhile back that it needs a spacer to fit properly on the i. Any plans to make this happen? People say it's a great upgrade. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
why not just get the one available?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Which one, the VF engineering one? I dunno, I want the CPE one :)
[/b]

I checked with Anthony (the head R&D guy here) and he said you can make it work, but he doesn't have any dimensions to pass on to you. What you'd basically have to do is find either washers that'll space the mount out enough, or measure and then machine a spacer that works.

If you're ever in the MD. area, give us a call (301-576-6142) and we'll see if we can get you in here and make that mount work for you if you still prefer it over the VF mount. We just don't have a 6i in here right now to base any measurements off of.

Jordan

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I checked with Anthony (the head R&D guy here) and he said you can make it work, but he doesn't have any dimensions to pass on to you. What you'd basically have to do is find either washers that'll space the mount out enough, or measure and then machine a spacer that works.

If you're ever in the MD. area, give us a call (301-576-6142) and we'll see if we can get you in here and make that mount work for you if you still prefer it over the VF mount. We just don't have a 6i in here right now to base any measurements off of.
Jordan
[/b]
Maybe in the next few weeks I will do a test fit here in San Diego and then have a bunch of correct spacers machined...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Maybe in the next few weeks I will do a test fit here in San Diego and then have a bunch of correct spacers machined...
[/b]

Let me know if you run into any issues when you go to get them machined. Worst case, we'd machine them and send them to you. I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem.

Jordan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts