Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone. Been a while since I've been on here but I figured this is where I need to go for the help I need.

I got an 04 Sport Wagon w/ the 3.0L and 76k. Just in the last week I noticed decresing performance and in just the last 3 days a pretty bad miss under acceleration. Idle is good and the shifts are still smooth but after about 3k rpm it starts to spit and sputter when accelerating. Under a steady speed it's not noticeable until the rpms get real low (2k ish)

I am thinking a good tune-up would be in order but I figured it would throw a CEL light if something was bad and I got nothing.

I just need some suggestions before I start throwin $$$ around to get it in the shop. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just had a misfire problem but it caused a CEL. Ended up replacing the coils and plugs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
QUOTE (04MazdaMike @ Feb 20 2010, 10:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638538
Whats up everyone. Been a while since I've been on here but I figured this is where I need to go for the help I need.

I got an 04 Sport Wagon w/ the 3.0L and 76k. Just in the last week I noticed decresing performance and in just the last 3 days a pretty bad miss under acceleration. Idle is good and the shifts are still smooth but after about 3k rpm it starts to spit and sputter when accelerating. Under a steady speed it's not noticeable until the rpms get real low (2k ish)

I am thinking a good tune-up would be in order but I figured it would throw a CEL light if something was bad and I got nothing.

I just need some suggestions before I start throwin $$$ around to get it in the shop. Thanks for any help[/b]
If you haven't replaced your spark plugs and coils, i'd do that. If you have the $, go ahead and replace your coils when you do the plugs, since the back 3 coils are some work to replace. If your tight on $, just replace the plugs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
how much you think it might cost to get the coils and plugs replaced. i just had a misfire problem after heavy rain and it caused CEL.

·
Registered
222 Posts
how much you think it might cost to get the coils and plugs replaced. i just had a misfire problem after heavy rain and it caused CEL.
Are you doing the work yourself or taking it into a shop? I know you can get the Standard Motor Products coils at rock auto for $33 each. Including shipping etc. probably around $210 for 6 coils. Add another $50 for 6 NGK iridium spark plugs. TOTAL $260 to do it yourself. I don't know what a shop would charge you, but I would imagine at least $500-$600 since you will be paying for labor and the mark-up on the parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts